Do you guys use Sunblock for the face?

TheWorldsDresse

I wear sunscreen everyday, even for incidental exposure: windows, while driving etc. As 70-80% (depending on who you read) of wrinkles come from sun damage, I don't risk it. I only use high PPD sunscreens when I'm out at the beach. Some that have not broken me out are Cosmedicine (Sephora), Olay Complete (Drugstore) and Clinique Super Defense (the reformulation is awesome).

FYI, most western governments (except the US) note that anything higher than SPF 30 is unstable. Check for PPD rates, not SPF rates. Also (and I'll try to find the link), it's suggested that darker skintones should start at lower PPDs to make sure we absorb proper amounts of Vitamin D.

Someone on MUA made an awesome Sunscreen FAQ: http://makeupalley.com/user/notepad/sunscreenFAQ

makeuplover7239

I am an NC 50 and I use Olay of Oily moisturizer with SPF 30 along with a few drops of the Neutrogena Dry touch sunscreen and it never leaves a white sheen on my face.

user44

Neutrogena Healthy Defense untinted Spf 30!!!!
Goes on light and and excellent under primer and makeup.
Anything higher breaks my sensitive skin out!

zerin

I know most sunblock lotions feel greasy. I normally use a moisturizer that has spf 15 and that sometimes feels so greasy but it works out for the winter.

Which ones would you guys recommend that are not greasy and good for under makeup and great for the summer?

iadoremac

well right now i am using neutrogena pureglow illuminating whipped moisturiser spf 20 and i use it with mac prep and prime face protect protection visage spf 50. and both of them together is really light and i have oily skin

DominicanBarbie

I just bought the shiseido sun protection foundation with spf 42 pa+++
I haven't tried it yet but I have heard good reviews on makeupalley. I love that it has 420 minutes of spf protection! I will be using it over my mac prep and prime spf 50 or the shisedio sun screen spf 55 ( have not bought yet) and def looking for a face powder with spf as well.

I burn sooo easily in the summer. My checks and nose look like tomato and peel so this year im taking extra precaution.

MAHALO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominichulinda
Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock Spray (SPF 70) just saw this wow!

I'm not sure if AVEENO Spray SPF 70 is highly recommended for the face but I use it anyhow on days that I will be in the sun for long periods. I have uneven pigment on my cheeks which is the result of a couple of bad burns. I don't take chances now. It is a little shiny but my makeup tones the shine down. I'd rather shine than burn again. There is no white residue with this sunscreen. It's a clear liquid.

For days that I won't have prolonged sun exposure, I rely on the SPF 30 in my MURAD moisturizer.

ClaireAvril

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMAClady
I stopped wearing sunscreen. I'm not out in the sun enough to merit it. We all need vitamin D and the sun is where you get alot of it from and I refuse to block it. The sun isn't bad! We have depleted the O-zone and thus allowed more of the sun to come down. That is whats bad.

but if you're not out in the sun enough how are you getting a sufficient level of vitamin D?

To me it makes more sense to go out and enjoy the sun (obviously not too much) but I won't avoid it. I'll protect my skin with sunscreen and also take supplements so that I am getting enough vitamin D. Its not just wearing sunscreen that blocks the vitamin D... wearing clothing blocks it too.

I think the sun fools a lot of people.. you get this great glow in the summer.. your skin looks a bit better and you get darker.. but after time if you don't protect yourself you see the affects and the damage the sun can do to your skin.

shaista1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerin
I know most sunblock lotions feel greasy. I normally use a moisturizer that has spf 15 and that sometimes feels so greasy but it works out for the winter.

Which ones would you guys recommend that are not greasy and good for under makeup and great for the summer?

have you tried the mac prep+prime with spf 50, thats what i use under my foundation

dominichulinda

Bought the Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream SPF 55 PA+++
smiles.gif

Sashan

I use Murad's Oil-Free Sunblock SPF30. It's excellent! Non greasy and doesn't cause breakouts. I even wear it at night if I'm going out as I love the way it sets my mineral foundation.

kyoto

I use Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF70 and Neutrogena Age Shield Face Sunblock SPF90+. I have to use sunblock/sunscreen daily because I have an illness that requires me to do so. Both of these work great, and just a little goes a long way underneath my makeup.

gujifijian

I don't use sunblock but I use a moisturizer that has SPF 15 in it and my foundation has SPF 6 in it. So I think I'm covered! maybe!