Do you want a mini tour of old New Orleans?

SparklingWaves

On another thread, I had asked if anyone wanted some pictures of New Orleans? I had hoped for seven people, but I did get four replies. (redamibition, xsnowwhite, ms.marymac,kaliaraksha,) *Thank you*

I also stated that I wouldn't go at night. I am getting brave, because I ventured out tonight.

Anyway, I thought that I would show just two places from the outskirts of N.O for starters. I will not go into detail about the old plantation. You can read up on it online. However, I will point out that I took a picture of the St. Rose Tavern to show you the place where several scenes of the film Monster's Ball was taken place and few other movies.

The old Plantation looks a bit creepy in these pictures at night. I love those huge oak trees. I will have to get day pictures. I would also like to get some really good pictures of Mardi Gras things for those who have never seen it. It's really up to you all. If I see this is popular, I will post more. However, I am still going on the road and taking a lot of pictures of some sites. My mom is totally hyped to go.

Oh, if anyone has any special places they would like pictures of let me know. I will try to honor them. Also, I will not post a huge amount of boring photos. No one wants to see a bunch of the same thing. I know I sure don't. For, all I know these may be too. LOL

destrehanplantation.jpg

destrehanplantationsign.jpg

DSCF2124.JPG

roadondestrehanplantation.jpg

DSCF2098.JPG

DSCF2101.JPG

ms.marymac

They came out great! Kudos for getting the nerve to venture out at night! Maybe I'll take pictures of my parent's spooky back yard the next time I am there, complete with an old brick oven outside. It has the same eerie look as your pics. Only problem is it is sooooooo dark-the pics may not come out well.

Looking forward to seeing more!

SparklingWaves

Thank you! I told my Mom about doing this for this site and she is giggle like a little kid she is so excited.

Oh, I had to delete so many pictures, because of all those orbs. I tried to get a picture of the trees. Some are huge around the base. They just don't show up on film at night.

It was actually pretty out there and spooky at the same time. It had a very unique smell. I had to leave that area, because this pungent odd musky was just too much. They must do something out there to reinact the past that creates that smell.

mena22787

i'd love to see more pics!! i never saw your post, i only look in the say cheese forum occassionally. it'd be great to see some great shots of the plantation houses!

redambition

thank you! they are some really good pictures! it was really great of you to go out at night
smiles.gif

i really love the first one, it looks so unusual.

SparklingWaves

I am going out today. Hopefully, the weather will be fine. Maybe as mena mentioned the next ones should be put under say cheese. Glad to hear from you reambition and our new poster regarding this thread frocher. I especially want people to see the Mardi Gras costumes, because people are so creative here. It may inspire them in many ways. There are a lot of museums here on that very topic. I hope to hit one of the smaller ones soon and then a bigger one towards the end of the week. People are so giving in showing tutorials and giving advice I feel this is the least that I can to do.

Janice

I didn't see the original thread either, but I would LOVE to see more. What a great idea, and thank you and your mom for traveling to these places and sharing your images with us!