Dream Matte Mousse

amy

Ok, I chose to ignore the reviews on MUA of this product. I absolutely loved it for a while. After a while, I started to break out much more frequently than usual, but still didn't think much of it. I finally realized this past week that this stuff is the culprit!!

That stuff doesn't even let your skin breathe! I've switched back to thinner foundation this week, and my skin is starting to heal and clear up already.

Has this happened to anybody else on here?

I also didn't like the fact that I had to use my fingers to apply it. Brushes just did not work for that stuff!
th_confused_new.gif

jasper17

I had the same reaction to it - used it fine for maybe 10 days and then all of a subben, a ton of pimples. And it seemed to make my skin more oily and more orange. I think it's likely not meant for oily-skiinned or acne prone people, which sucks because when it first goes on, it looks awesome. I switched to id bare minerals and it's way better.

solardame

I wanted this for little while, but I had similar problems with Expess Shine Control stick and I decided against it. I never had much luck with Maybelline except for their dome blush, I think I had "nutmeg". I wonder why the hell they discontinue it?
th_dunno.gif

amy

Mine made me look very orangey too...much more so than any other foundation that I've tried. And I think it would emphesize dry skin since it was so matte, and did not have the oils like some foundations have. It made me look a wee bit flaky. Now why the heck did I use it for as long as I did?!

^^Those dome blush thingies were spiffy. I never had one but thought they looked fairly pimp.
smiles.gif

canadiangirl_1117

I had the same reaction as you--breakouts, oily, and orange. I've got combo skin, so it really made my cheeks look flakey, even when I exfoliated just before putting on makeup, and lots of moisturizer.

sassy*girl

i heard that a lot of people who have used this foundation got a lot of breakouts after. i haven't tried it out because of that. anyway, im using bareMinerals right now, and it's great =)

paige3838

I haven't had any problems with breakouts, but I try not to use it for more than 3 days in a row after reading about the problems that other people have had. I like how it looks when it's on, but I think I'm not really a fan of the mousse... I prefer liquid or powder, I probably won't repurchase, even though it's cheap.

mrsdivajen

I loved the consistency and the coverage...I used it for a while and now I don't like it anymore. I didn't break out BUT...after a few hours I found it started to kind of "melt"...plus it got ALL over my cellphone, which is kinda nasty...
lol.gif
:twisted:

Latest posts