Dumb question about 187 brush

Winthrop44

When using a 187 brush to apply blush (I am using a very pigmented mineral blush), should I be swiping the brush across the area I want my blush or should I actually be stippling it on? Duh!

ette

I'm confused with your question? Just dab the 187 into your blush, tap it, and sweep across the cheek. You can also buff it in after to get rid of the excess and give you a "glowing-from-within" look.

Winthrop44

I seemed to get too much on by sweeping...maybe I just picked up too much pigment.
smiles.gif

BlahWah

I used to stipple it on, but I still ended up w/ too much colour for some blushes, so now I lightly sweep the 187 across the blush, then do quick, light little swishes across the area I want the blush to be. I found it's easier to control cuz only a small area of your cheek makes contact w/ the brush, instead of stippling it on and finding yourself w/ a blushy circle or missing where you intend to place it. Or maybe I'm just dorky and uncoordinated. =P

It still takes a bit of pratice, but it also gives me a chance to wipe product off the brush if, after the first few swishes, I find I've deposited enough already. HTH some!

Anatevka

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
I used to stipple it on, but I still ended up w/ too much colour for some blushes, so now I lightly sweep the 187 across the blush, then do quick, light little swishes across the area I want the blush to be. I found it's easier to control cuz only a small area of your cheek makes contact w/ the brush, instead of stippling it on and finding yourself w/ a blushy circle or missing where you intend to place it. Or maybe I'm just dorky and uncoordinated. =P

It still takes a bit of pratice, but it also gives me a chance to wipe product off the brush if, after the first few swishes, I find I've deposited enough already. HTH some!

er, what does stippling entail? i never quite found out..

hyperRealGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
When using a 187 brush to apply blush (I am using a very pigmented mineral blush), should I be swiping the brush across the area I want my blush or should I actually be stippling it on? Duh!

i say whatever works for u.... when u pick up the blush and it looks like u have tooo much on it .. tap the brush to get the excess blush off... if that doesnt work get a clean tissue and rub ur #187 in circular motion to get the excess blush off... i say u shold only use the stippling method when u have a specific area on the cheek u want to apply the color too.... once ur done with that "again swirl ur #187 on a clean tissue to get the majority of the blush thats left on ur brush and then
buff the blush in...

Latest posts