E/s base for older ladies

Willa

Hi
wavey.gif

My aunt asked me if I could do a makeup ''soirée'' for her and her 3 friends.
Most of the time, I do makeup on my friends (20's), so I use any base I have...

But I think it wont do the same on ''older'' ladies (50's)

What kind of product should I use, so I can apply e/s easily?

(sorry, messy english)

Thanks a lot!
graucho.gif

sigwing

I'm in my 40's and use MAC Paints all the time. Years ago I also really liked a base by Lancome that was actually a waterproof cream type shadow that last FOREVER, and I think it's renamed & repackaged into a tube these days, but still comes in the nude shade, so it's surely the same stuff. I'd even heard Christie Lee on the Bob & Tom show one morning said that she'd heard that dancer/strippers swear by the stuff because it stays on so well. It came in various shades, but the nude is also used as a base.

Last summer I was out in 100-degree heat, humid, etc., and I'd used Paint in Bare Canvas (has a yellow-cream type tint) as a base & my shadow was still on the next day with no creasing! I'd also recommend Stillife and another one I can't think of right now, but they're all light neutral shades.

p.s.
Actually, thinking about it, other than a few more smile lines, I don't know why there'd be a glaring difference in whatever you'd use. Probably less oily eyelids, but trust me, we all use the same stuff. Nobody's checked my ID if I try to buy the same things as girls in their 20's, and it all works pretty much the same on all of us. I've always heard "older" women should avoid frosts, too, but guess what...I wear whatever I want & it looks pretty good.

Willa

Ho, thank you for the answer!

I was thinking about buying a paint, but I'll do it this weekend.

th_worship.gif

sigwing

Paints rule! You can't go wrong!!! I think Untitled is the other one I was trying to think of.

I went to Sephora & looked at the Lancome stuff, and they have the stuff in tubes, but I have no idea if it's the same thing they had years ago that was so good.

As an "older person," I'll also share that I love face primers. I have the MAC primer that I really like, but also had a sample of Smashbox's, which was really good, and I've noticed there's a new line of cosmetics out aimed at older women. They have primers that are lightly tinted, at least one is out of a choice of 2, and I've seen them at Walgreen's and at WalMart. I didn't notice if they have an eye primer, but that might be worth checking into!

Latest posts