Ebay question: Would you find this odd?

HeavenLeiBlu

Okay, so I have a listing up on Ebay, and someone has already bid. Okay, fine! So out of curiosity, I go check the profile, and realize they're selling stuff as well. As a matter of fact, they're selling 4 of the same exact item!

Are you following me? This person has bid on my listing, but they're selling the same exact thing in their store. What gives? I want to contact them and ask, but I'm afraid it might incite ire, when this person may not even end up being the winning bidder.

Is there some sorta software out there where a bidder can somehow keep others from ever bidding and raising the price? I know about the sniping programs, so that's not what I mean. I just find this odd, and I feel like all I can do until the auction is over is mull this over ( and over and over and over).

Any thoughts?

Sexya(TM)?Princess

that is kind of fishy. they either want to try and win your item for cheap to re'sell it or their messing with ur auction.im sure they arent buying it for personal use if they have 4 of the same item.

u have the right to cancel their bid and block them from bidding again too though.honestly i'd ask in a very very polite way and see what they say, then decide if u need to cancel/block whoever it is.

SkylarV217

they mat be trying to raise your price so their bids are higher .... If you search for an item and you find 5 ... the lowest price would be the obvious one to bid on .... I would ask and maybe consider revoking the bid...

joraye

I assume they are using the same user name, otherwise, how would you track the multiple sales.....

if they were trying to up the price, and they were using the same username, you could give negative feedback to discourage that behavior. I find it odd, if they have alot of good feedback, they would risk it to sell something else.

COBI

Definitely weird. I would e-mail and ask their intention; there is nothing wrong with asking that at all. You can even tell them that you've had strange experiences in the past with someone bidding on an item that they were already selling and then they left you high & dry when they won. So, now you're overly cautious. They won't know whether that's true or not and it softens any accusatory nature of the question.

^ I don't think there's a way to leave negative feedback unless they win the item; and by that time, you will know the feedback is positive or negative (they will pay and complete the transaction or no.) Also, based on the situation as we know it, there is nothing "wrong" with what they have done yet to deserve negative feedback.

HeavenLeiBlu

Well, I never questioned that bidder. There were several people afterwards, so I let it go, and the winning bidder has already paid. I guess I was just being a little paranoid, but I still find it weird. Thanks, Guys!