eBay seller 'swoosh_uk'

ratmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzygal
I have reported swoosh_uk regularly over a period of time and ebay do nothing, The fake garbage he/she sells is probably full of lead or other similar nasties and where there is no proper testing or quality control nobody knows what affect this garbage has on your skin, Have you tried soaking your brush in a weak solution of laundry or washing up liquid, see if you can test a bit first before trying, I am not sure if it will work but anything stronger may damage your brush completely

I reported swoosh_uk's stuff to eBay too, but they haven't done a single thing. It's so pointless. This morning, swoosh_uk emailed to say:
Dear customer:
I will see to this.Please contact with me if any other unpaid reminder turns up.Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thank you.

I got another email a few minutes later saying:

Could you please leave me positive feedback.Let's come to an mutual benifit end.
Thank you.​
I left a negative feedback immediately, and I'm expecting a retaliatory negative on my feedback any day now.

I kinda worry now that fake manufacturing will get better. The scammers have stepped up their game considerably over the last few years, going by the threads on Specktra, MUA, and the eBay Buying Guides. I have no doubt the scammers are using sites like MUA, Specktra and the Buyer Guides on eBay to continue creating better looking fakes.

ratmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzygal
Have you tried soaking your brush in a weak solution of laundry or washing up liquid, see if you can test a bit first before trying, I am not sure if it will work but anything stronger may damage your brush completely

Sorry, I meant to reply to that too. I haven't tried doing anything but a maximum of four cleanings using the Johnson & Johnson Baby Shampoo method. I'm pretty sure even the laundry and washing up liquid would strip the brush. I have some handwash liquid for cashmere (seriously it works), and I may try it once I get my courage up.

ratmist

swoosh_uk begs for positive feedback

So here's some news on the situation - for anyone still reading this thread. I thought I'd post the emails exchanged between myself and swoosh_uk because I want to make a point here: no one should leave positive feedback for a fake MAC seller on eBay even if they get their money refunded to them.

MY EMAILS ARE IN PINK
SWOOSH_UK'S RESPONSES ARE IN GREEN

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]I paid for this item in full on 30 April with Paypal (see transaction 8HT97215TP189283J on Paypal). I requested and was given a refund by you - which I thanked you for! Why have you opened a pay dispute?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Response:
[/FONT]
Dear customer:
I will see to this.Please contact with me if any other unpaid reminder turns up.Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thank you.
A few minutes later this came too[FONT=Arial, Verdana]:

[/FONT]
Dear customer:
Could you please leave me positive feedback.Let's come to an mutual benifit end.
Thank you.
I was pretty annoyed at this cheeky behaviour so I left him an immediate negative, which reads:
FAKE MAC PIGMENT-TOTALLY UNSAFE TO USE-REFUNDED BUT UNPAID STRIKE AFTER REFUND
His response: UNTRUE!! if i left strike, you wouldn't even be able to leave any feedback.[FONT=Arial, Verdana]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]My response: [/FONT]You STILL sell fake makeup that is UNSAFE TO USE. Negative to warn others.

He's right that I couldn't leave feedback if I'd had an upaid item strike against me. What I meant to say is that he opened a pay dispute, but I ran out of characters, so I just simplified and said 'strike'.

Anyway, I sent him this:
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]I left you a negative because you sold inauthentic products - and continue to sell inauthentic products. Inauthentic makeup products have not passed rigorous safety standards and therefore are dangerous to use. Other bidders need to be aware of your fake products for their protection. I do not owe you a positive or neutral feedback on eBay just because you refunded me. Selling fake makeup products as genuine brand-name products is against eBay seller trading and UK law, and I will contact my local Trading Standards office about you. [/FONT]
Then he sent this:
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Dear buyer, I sent you the refund on the same day as you claimed. Yet, I received your -tive feedback today. You said I left you non-paying strike. If I left non-paying strike, you wouldn't be able to leave any feedback. It must be some misunderstanding. I will check with eBay and remove the strike if by any chance it had been left. Please consider to remove the -tive feedbacks from both of our accounts. I have sent you mutual withdraw form. Please see. We can also come to an agreement. I will be expecting your reply. Thank you very much for your time. [/FONT]
I received a "Mutual Feedback Withdrawal Form" which I promptly ignored. He left negative feedback on my hitherto perfect feedback record.

I got this in my inbox last night:
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Dear buyer, now I see the problem. eBay sent you a payment reminder. It is an automatic setting, any item which is not paid after 7 days, eBay will send a reminder. It was not a strike, I never strike people even they do not wish to pay at all. I have close the payment reminder. You can see that on your ebay as well. Please consider remove the feedbacks now as your refund was issued and misunderstanding is now resolved. I do apologise for this confusion. Thank you for your time.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]
[/FONT]That really annoyed me because I paid him promptly and received a refund. He claims something went wrong with eBay because the refund meant eBay thought I hadn't paid him. So I responded:
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]You still don't get it. You sell fake MAC products that people use on their faces. Your product has NOT been tested for safety and could've hurt me if I used it. I'm leaving you negative feedback because you sell fake MAC products and you opened a payment dispute after I paid you promptly and AFTER you refunded me. By eBay standards I cannot leave you positive feedback![/FONT]

And this morning the final piece of email:
Dear customer:
Kindly could please withdraw the negative one for me.You know the feedback is very important to a ebay seller.You can see i have refunded you when you complain with me.Kindly please tell me what should i do to save myself on this issue.If some compensation can make you a little happier i will do.
Thanks for your patiance.

soapbox.gif
soapbox.gif
soapbox.gif
Ratty's Soapbox
soapbox.gif
soapbox.gif
soapbox.gif

I hate eBay's policy that even if someone sells you something inauthentic or awful, or screws you over completely in a sale, you can get negative feedback for standing up for yourself. I realise there is a balance, but there should be some mechanism so that sellers can be properly punished and warned against without having to sacrifice one's own reputation in the eBay Marketplace. Nevertheless, you can see how desperate these people are to continue selling fake products. I urge anyone who's been ripped off by a fake eBay seller to stand up for themselves and leave the negative feedback - NOT a neutral - even if they were lucky enough to get a refund from the seller without Paypal intervention. Otherwise, the seller will keep doing what they're doing, ripping off more people.

Anyone want to help me craft a good response on just exactly what he needs to do to get a positive out of this?
lol.gif

Xqueeze_me

HAHAHAHAHA Oh my! I'm sorry I had to laugh! That seller is DELUSIONAL and CLUELESS!! He still doesn't get the point that he's selling crap fakes!

I won't feel sorry for you because what you did was right and the seller HAD to spoil your perfect feedback for you! You were being strong and took it for the team, if that expression makes sense!

While typing this, I've also took it for the team and left the dishonest seller, girly_face, with 2 negative feedbacks. She's a horrible role model with NO morals.

Well done, ratmist! AND thank YOU for your "invisible force of courage"!
winks.gif

redambition

Re: swoosh_uk begs for positive feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmist
So here's some news on the situation - for anyone still reading this thread. I thought I'd post the emails exchanged between myself and swoosh_uk because I want to make a point here: no one should leave positive feedback for a fake MAC seller on eBay even if they get their money refunded to them.

MY EMAILS ARE IN PINK
SWOOSH_UK'S RESPONSES ARE IN GREEN

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]I paid for this item in full on 30 April with Paypal (see transaction 8HT97215TP189283J on Paypal). I requested and was given a refund by you - which I thanked you for! Why have you opened a pay dispute?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Response:
[/FONT]
Dear customer:
Thank you.
A few minutes later this came too[FONT=Arial, Verdana]:

[/FONT]
Dear customer:
Thank you.
I was pretty annoyed at this cheeky behaviour so I left him an immediate negative, which reads:
FAKE MAC PIGMENT-TOTALLY UNSAFE TO USE-REFUNDED BUT UNPAID STRIKE AFTER REFUND
His response: UNTRUE!! if i left strike, you wouldn't even be able to leave any feedback.[FONT=Arial, Verdana]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]My response: [/FONT]You STILL sell fake makeup that is UNSAFE TO USE. Negative to warn others.

He's right that I couldn't leave feedback if I'd had an upaid item strike against me. What I meant to say is that he opened a pay dispute, but I ran out of characters, so I just simplified and said 'strike'.

Anyway, I sent him this:
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]I left you a negative because you sold inauthentic products - and continue to sell inauthentic products. Inauthentic makeup products have not passed rigorous safety standards and therefore are dangerous to use. Other bidders need to be aware of your fake products for their protection. I do not owe you a positive or neutral feedback on eBay just because you refunded me. Selling fake makeup products as genuine brand-name products is against eBay seller trading and UK law, and I will contact my local Trading Standards office about you. [/FONT]
Then he sent this:
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Dear buyer, I sent you the refund on the same day as you claimed. Yet, I received your -tive feedback today. You said I left you non-paying strike. If I left non-paying strike, you wouldn't be able to leave any feedback. It must be some misunderstanding. I will check with eBay and remove the strike if by any chance it had been left. Please consider to remove the -tive feedbacks from both of our accounts. I have sent you mutual withdraw form. Please see. We can also come to an agreement. I will be expecting your reply. Thank you very much for your time. [/FONT]
I received a "Mutual Feedback Withdrawal Form" which I promptly ignored. He left negative feedback on my hitherto perfect feedback record.

I got this in my inbox last night:
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Dear buyer, now I see the problem. eBay sent you a payment reminder. It is an automatic setting, any item which is not paid after 7 days, eBay will send a reminder. It was not a strike, I never strike people even they do not wish to pay at all. I have close the payment reminder. You can see that on your ebay as well. Please consider remove the feedbacks now as your refund was issued and misunderstanding is now resolved. I do apologise for this confusion. Thank you for your time.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]
[/FONT]That really annoyed me because I paid him promptly and received a refund. He claims something went wrong with eBay because the refund meant eBay thought I hadn't paid him. So I responded:
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]You still don't get it. You sell fake MAC products that people use on their faces. Your product has NOT been tested for safety and could've hurt me if I used it. I'm leaving you negative feedback because you sell fake MAC products and you opened a payment dispute after I paid you promptly and AFTER you refunded me. By eBay standards I cannot leave you positive feedback![/FONT]

And this morning the final piece of email:
Dear customer:
Kindly could please withdraw the negative one for me.You know the feedback is very important to a ebay seller.You can see i have refunded you when you complain with me.Kindly please tell me what should i do to save myself on this issue.If some compensation can make you a little happier i will do.
Thanks for your patiance.

soapbox.gif
soapbox.gif
soapbox.gif
Ratty's Soapbox
soapbox.gif
soapbox.gif
soapbox.gif

I hate eBay's policy that even if someone sells you something inauthentic or awful, or screws you over completely in a sale, you can get negative feedback for standing up for yourself. I realise there is a balance, but there should be some mechanism so that sellers can be properly punished and warned against without having to sacrifice one's own reputation in the eBay Marketplace. Nevertheless, you can see how desperate these people are to continue selling fake products. I urge anyone who's been ripped off by a fake eBay seller to stand up for themselves and leave the negative feedback - NOT a neutral - even if they were lucky enough to get a refund from the seller without Paypal intervention. Otherwise, the seller will keep doing what they're doing, ripping off more people.

Anyone want to help me craft a good response on just exactly what he needs to do to get a positive out of this?
lol.gif

that's not on. is there some way of contacting ebay to let them know about it? you clearly stated why the negative was left, then they come back with an offer of compensation if you remove it? that sounds like a reverse of feedback extortion - trying to buy good feedback.

ratmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
HAHAHAHAHA Oh my! I'm sorry I had to laugh! That seller is DELUSIONAL and CLUELESS!! He still doesn't get the point that he's selling crap fakes!

I won't feel sorry for you because what you did was right and the seller HAD to spoil your perfect feedback for you! You were being strong and took it for the team, if that expression makes sense!

While typing this, I've also took it for the team and left the dishonest seller, girly_face, with 2 negative feedbacks. She's a horrible role model with NO morals.

Well done, ratmist! AND thank YOU for your "invisible force of courage"!
winks.gif

I just saw the feedback she left you. What a horrible seller!

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmist
I just saw the feedback she left you. What a horrible seller!

Haha yea, I'm over it though. She's the total nutjob who needs medication. She's too coward to fight back with a rebuttal here because WE know that SHE knowingly sell/sold fakes and can't show any proof to back her claims (again!!).

I'll add the follow up later. It's quite entertaining to read them!

eBay feedbacks are just feedbacks. Our lives don't depend on them, fortunately!
smiles.gif