eBay Sellers/Fakers to AVOID

Status
Not open for further replies.

panda0410

You need to go through paypal to escalate - reveiew your dispute and it will give you an option to escalate there. Let her know you are escalating the claim and state that you want return postage refunded as well - why the hell should you pay postage twice!! Tell her its for your own protection that you are escalating even though you understand she has already offered a refund. This will ensure you have covered yourself because - You only have 45 days from the day you open the DISPUTE to escalate to a claim, if you dont escalate in the 45 days and she takes longer to refund than those 45 days then paypal cant/wont help you. It isnt unheard of for sellers to promise something and then vanish and honestly - do you really trust the person who happily sold you the fake??? Some are good and refund immediately, others will evade you.

Glad the blush was real!
winks.gif

rockin

I believe you actually have 45 days from the date of purchase in which to raise a dispute, then 20 days to escalate from the time you open the dispute. I opened an Item Not Received dispute today, and the email from PayPal said that the case would automatically close in 20 days time if it hadn't been escalated to a dispute by then.

Poum

Thanks so much for your advice Panda
bigheart.gif

How can these people live with themselves knowing that they are ripping others off everday? makes me so mad!

Received Brule eyeshadow from closetmustgo today, looks legit but will take home to double check *fingers crossed*

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poum
Thanks so much for your advice Panda
bigheart.gif

How can these people live with themselves knowing that they are ripping others off everday? makes me so mad!

Received Brule eyeshadow from closetmustgo today, looks legit but will take home to double check *fingers crossed*

$$ makes people do evil things.
thmbdn.gif

As for the eyeshadow you bought from closetmustgo, you don't have to worry because her items are definitely legit. I've bought from her... including panda0410.
winks.gif

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin
I am pleased to be able to report that julie150463 is a responsible seller
smiles.gif
Following on from her earlier immediate withdrawal of her deep blue green pigment when I advised her it was fake, she has now sent me this email

Hi there
Just wanted to thankyou for emailing me this morning concerning one of my pigments. You have done me a great service - on closer inspection it appeared that 89 - yes 89 - of my pigments from one particular wholesaler were decidedly suspect. After a couple of heated emails - they have agreed to take them back and refund me - how long that takes is another matter but at least my conscience is clear.
Thankyou for taking the time to inform me of your suspicions - it is appreciated.

Hi ladies - thanks for the brilliant advice - especially Panda & Rockin to name but a few!!

OMG I am so happy - have been refunded for the 89 pigments
yahoo.gif
and it only took 2 emails
yahoo.gif

This seller is steering well clear of pigments for the forseeable future!

Thanks for being such a great bunch of ladies and for taking me under your wings - don't think you've got rid of me though - I need all the help I can get.

Drinks on me?

Cheers

Julie

rockin

That's fantastic news, Julie
yahoo.gif

I'm so glad you were able to get your money refunded.

Wolfsong directed me here when I inadvertently bought some fake pigment some time ago (complete with those little funnel contraptions that you supplied photographs of). I had no idea that fake cosmetics existed, let alone the sheer amount of them that were to be found on ebay.

I've learned a lot from these ladies, and as the fakes improve we are all learning how to spot them.

Please do write to/phone MAC and give them what information you have about the suppliers. The more information they have from people, the more chance they have of finding the source of these counterfeit goods.

julie150463

Already done Rockin!

Thanks for emailing me in the first place - would have been still blissfully unaware that I was selling crap! Would you believe the 'supplier' is still arguing that they are authentic? Bit too quick at giving me a refund if he believed that strongly in his product!

At least I won't get any more grey hairs over this.

Thanks again - this forum is fantastic!

Julie

Xqueeze_me

Ahh how I love happy endings *teary* hehe!

This is just a small part but hey, at least it went the right way!
smiles.gif

Thanks julie for taking the time to read the threads and doing the right thing.
thmbup.gif

panda0410

Julie thats great news!!!! So pleased for you that you got your $$ back, nothing worse than losing money....

Great that you're here, keep up the good work!

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poum

Hun, go get the Brule eyeshadow checked against your own authentic MAC eyeshadows. Apparently closetmustgo is the 3rd recommended seller to sell the most updated fakes? Check this thread: is this real Green Brown pigment?

Xqueeze_me

Updated fake MAC Pigments/Glitters & Eyeshadows

Thanks to julie for providing this information, the updated fakes are (and may not be limited to):
  • Deep Blue Green
  • Deep Purple
  • Green Brown
  • Blue Brown
  • Blue
  • Basic Red
  • Jardinaires
  • Provence
  • Emerald Green
  • Chartreuse
  • Rocking Orange
  • Copperclast
  • Copper Sparkle
  • Electric Coral
  • Tan
  • Accent Red
  • Silver Fog

Thanks to a counterfeit seller's list: kate.richie
Glitters:
  • Reflects Gold
  • Neon 60's
  • Black
  • 3D Silver
  • Rocking Orange

Eyeshadows:
  • Budding Beauty
  • Idol Eyes
  • Jasmine
  • Surreal
  • Vellum
  • Swimming
  • Angelcake
  • Satellite Dreams
  • Black Tied
  • Light Ray
  • Rose Blanc
  • Twinks
  • Fade
  • Romp
  • Club

rockin

Yikes! That's a lot of counterfeited colours
ssad.gif

I am waiting for 2 out of that list of colours to arrive from my latest spending spree on ebay, both from one seller. I'll let you know when I receive them

Poum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
Hun, go get the Brule eyeshadow checked against your own authentic MAC eyeshadows. Apparently closetmustgo is the 3rd recommended seller to sell the most updated fakes? Check this thread: is this real Green Brown pigment?

oh. my. gosh.

another one!!!!

Seriously, i am just going to stay away from eBay from now on. Not worth the hassle.

On a positive note, the Brule e/s looks like the real deal - I compared it at home last night. It also feels like a quality e/s when I use it on my skin.

Earlier I posted about Kiara2582 selling me a fake 'Peaches' blush, I have since opened a dispute with her and she has told me that she had no idea it was a fake, and thanked me for pointing it out. She is giving me a full refund as well.

Mrschloe

I only got a problem and it was with FASHENISTA. I bought a 15 palette from her and was waiting for it to arrive, after some time I've sent her an email saying I was still waiting for the palette and she told me tons of problems she was having with shipping. She refunded me even before I asked for it. I then asked if she did in fact shipped my order and she said yes. After some time I started thinking and I'm now sure she never shipped the product (lots of reasons, she didn't prove the shipping, on the paypal transaction theres no shipping date like usual and was just waiting for my email to give me a refund.

So I cannot recommend this seller cause even thought she refunded me she wasen't honest with me. I didn't give her any kind of feedback, positive not negative but I'm not going to do business with her any time soon. I know some people here had good businesses with her but I just had to tell my experience!

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramel723
Just so you know JEWLZ4EVER is legit, I recently purchased a shadestick from her and although I mistakenly thought it was a full size it was the smaller size but a real MAC product. I am not sure about the brushes although my friend recently purcahsed these similar brushes from the CCO in Buffalo for around that price maybe a bit cheaper but they are not full size brushes JEWLZ4EVER is selling they are the miniture holiday set ones. I think shes' a good seller. Just my opinion though.

Thanks hun, I've taken her off the list.
winks.gif

The question was left hanging regarding the confirmation of authenticity of her brushes and no one answered it in this thread and since 2 people have confirmed that jewlz4ever is the real deal, she's off the list. Thank you!
smiles.gif

Jade1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
It's SHIT, isn't it?? That eBay treats people who are concerned that way! You have told them about the dangers and the risks of those counterfeits YET they let those EFFING losers sell their counterfeit crap. We should just boycott or sue eBay for letting counterfeiters sell their fake crap!!

Better yet, get dizzygal's sis to report them!!!!

I am cancelling my account tomorrow... I am so tired of EBAYS shit. Notice all the "shill" bidding that is going on lately? by buyers like e**e and I**J? they are ALL over ebay.. from make up to MAC tools and childrens toys. I sent EBAY a message about this and you know what they told me? That they had no proof that they were "shill" bidders... no proof? Ummm hello... they all have a variation of the same flipping name! Thats no coincidence! Whatever... I am done with EBAY from now on I will just go straight to the source... save my pennies and buy real stuff.

Jade

Status
Not open for further replies.