ebay sellers, I have a question.

MiCHiE

Here I go again.....

I had an ebay transaction almost a month ago and I still haven't received the item. The seller told me that he sent the package to my old address because that's the one that was on file. Apparently, I didn't correctly update my address (it shows as main address, not shipping address) on ebay's site. What I don't understand is my address is updated via PayPal and that's how I paid him. I had to check the receipt email to make sure I wasn't crazy. It's been awhile since I've sold anything, but I specifically remember sending packages to addresses I got from the PayPal payment form. So, before I go finger-snapping and neck-popping in a reply email, someone let me know if this could be a mistake on my end.

MACATTAK

I always make my shipping labels from Paypal, so whatever address is listed in Paypal is where I ship. If you paid with Paypal, that's the address they should ship from. Did you get any type of tracking# or delivery confirm#? A month is a long time to be waiting, I would have started a dispute by now.

MiCHiE

That's the thing. There's no DC#, so the seller doesn't know where it is. I don't know where it is and honestly, for the amount I paid for shipping, it should've been included.

I was even thinking....I don't know if I've ever looked at a buyer's info via the ebay page. I've always gone by PPs records. And, if the records happen to conflict, shouldn't you ask where it's going rather than just sening it? You're right though, I'm filing a claim.

MACATTAK

Definitely, they should have asked you if they had any confusion about your address. Without dc# or anything to prove that they shipped it and you received it, I'm sure you will win the claim. It's just so weird that they would take the address from ebay when they get a confirmation from Paypal (when they have received payment) and that will have the address. Hope you get your $$ back
smiles.gif

Whitney

If you paid through paypal 99.9999% positive they would have used the correct address...if however they did send it to the wrong address, it should have got sent back to them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
Without dc# or anything to prove that they shipped it and you received it, I'm sure you will win the claim.

She's right. Without delivery confirmation...there's nothing to say the seller actually shipped it. Go ahead and file the claim, you'll win the dispute and get your money back. Don't wait any longer with the dispute. I forget what the time limit is but you only have a certain amount of time to file the dispute.

melliquor

They should always use the Paypal address and if it is different, contact you. File a claim because you can't guarantee they sent it to you.

MiCHiE

Thanks, guys. I had emailed the seller on 8/26, about 10 days after I paid. He just told me he sent it to my TX address on 9/9. Then, he told me he has to wait for USPS to send the item back to him before he sends it to me, saying he had no DC on it. And, I paid $5.95 for shipping and it didn't even include DC?!?! So, I was pissed, to say the least. He's not responded thus far to PayPal. I'm seriously like, "Dude, come on....this is an anklet you're selling for $7.99, your shipping is almost as much as the item, and you don't add DC!??!". You would've thought this was an LV bag, the way he's acting like I'm lying and stealing.

MACATTAK

Ohh..just one more thing, make sure right after you open the dispute you escalate it to a claim. Otherwise if it's just a dispute, no one is really doing anything about it. Go straight to the claim
smiles.gif

MiCHiE

Quote:
Ohh..just one more thing, make sure right after you open the dispute you escalate it to a claim. Otherwise if it's just a dispute, no one is really doing anything about it. Go straight to the claim
smiles.gif

Thanks. I actually did that after your first reply.

MiCHiE

I just got this message:

Quote:
The seller has provided the following information in response to yourcomplaint, indicating that the item was shipped.

Tracking Company:
Tracking Number:

If your complaint has been resolved, please cancel it by clicking on thelink below:

You're not seeing things, there's NO Company or Number listed. WTH?!? Is someone reviewing these things? PayPal is only giving me the option of canceling, not responding. They'll continue the review in 2 days, according to the Resolution Center.

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
I just got this message:

You're not seeing things, there's NO Company or Number listed. WTH?!? Is someone reviewing these things? PayPal is only giving me the option of canceling, not responding. They'll continue the review in 2 days, according to the Resolution Center.

Yeah, it's not there because it doesn't exist.
ssad.gif
Don't do anything & they will continue their investigation.

Ms. Z

Quote:
I always make my shipping labels from Paypal, so whatever address is listed in Paypal is where I ship. If you paid with Paypal, that's the address they should ship from. Did you get any type of tracking# or delivery confirm#? A month is a long time to be waiting, I would have started a dispute by now.

I agree. I use the confirmed address on the paypal payment.

MiCHiE

Just an update. PayPal did award in my favor and I got my money back immediately. Thanks so much for your advice and suggestions, everyone.