Ebay?

mzreyes

i dunno if this is the appriopriate forum.. but i was wondering if any of you have bought any mac stuff from ebay.. i was looking at a couple brushes and full size pigments. or so they SAY their full sized. lol..

has anyone here gotten any brushes or pigments from ebay? any problems with it at all? let me know!

oh yea...and umm.. whats the mac bible? i saw a bunch of them on ebay too:confused:

caffn8me

Take a look at the Counterfeit MAC forum as there are currently quite a few fake pigments going around. There is also a list of favourite eBay sellers on that forum.

The M·A·C Bible is also known as the "Product Handbook". It simply lists all M·A·C products, their ingredients, their uses and gives staff rules and regulations such as "If you smoke on your break, be sure to thoroughly wash your hands and brush your teeth before returning to the counter".

It will not teach you any makeup secrets. It will not turn you into a professional makeup artist. It will not improve your skills. It's simply a handbook for staff. It doesn't have any photographs and really is of no use whatsoever unless you happen to be a professional makeup artist working for M·A·C or mostly with M·A·C products.

Most of the photographs you see accompanying listings for the "M·A·C Bible" are taken from unrelated M·A·C advertising or from one of Kevyn Aucoin's books.

It is also not produced on CD-ROM so anyone selling them is selling an illegal scan.

dmolinet

I've bought quite a few pigment samples--I don't know how you'd know if they weren't real. I had 2 jars of Frost & when I decided to combine them, I saw they weren't the same! One seems more gray--I wonder how many more are fakes.

Hikaru-chan

If you do buy stuff on Ebay make sure you pay by paypal so if something goes wrong you can report it and get your money back.

divaster

Yep, and if at all possible pay with a credit card through Paypal. If you file a claim with Paypal and they seller doesn't have any money in their account, even if PP sides with you, they can't refund your money. If that happens and you used a credit card you can do a charge back on your credit card through the issuer to get your money back.

Jaim

Yeah, I got ripped off buying MAC from ebay. Now I've learned my lesson!

rockin

There are good MAC sellers on ebay, but there are also a lot of sellers with fake MAC - some easy to spot, some not so obvious. Don't just rely on positive feedback, though - unfortunately some people don't know they've bought fake MAC and leave positive feedback before they find out it's not real.

I've personally bought fake pigment, eyeshadow, brushes and even a fake Superglass on ebay before now. Luckily in most cases I've been able to get my money back.

myazg23

does anyone have ok seller? i think it is awful to pay like original mac product and then when it come it is not.

rockin

does anyone have ok seller? i think it is awful to pay like original mac product and then when it come it is not.

As caffn8me suggested above, take a look at the Counterfeit MAC forum (there's a link in her post) and you'll find names of good and bad sellers there.