Electric Eel vs Jewel Blue?

GLOSSER

Trying to find a vibrant blue and thinking of the two above. I have seen a LOTD using tilt, UD half baked and Electric eel and it looks fantastic. what shadow is better and would I get more use from? Thanks

mspixieears

Not sure which is better, but Jewel Blue is matte as it's a veluxe, and while I personally love love love veluxes, a lot of people say that they don't go on as vibrantly. Electric Eel is very vibrant, but on my lids doesn't quite appear to be the colour I was expecting either. My very first MAC purchase was a toss-up between JB & EE - I was told to go for EE when I asked my friend for advice.

MiMaWa

Electric eel was my first MAC and I love it. You just need a good base, I use paints b/c they work best for me. I also have the paint Blueboy and that makes EE turn out an interesting, deeper blue.

fairytale22

Electric Eel is much more vibrant IMO...Jewel blue is darker and "dirtier" looking. Then there's the textures of course...

mspixieears

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeffnerMM
Electric eel was my first MAC and I love it. You just need a good base, I use paints b/c they work best for me. I also have the paint Blueboy and that makes EE turn out an interesting, deeper blue.

I love Blueboy! I must try this, thank you!

Yes, some do complain about veluxe e/s giving a 'dirtier' look. It sounds like the jury's all for EE!

minisprite

I own both of these - I recently got the electric eel in a swap, but originally I chose JB over it when I was browsing at the counter.

EE is a "bluer" blue, where JB is more greeny-aqua. The textures are worlds apart - JB is a supersoft veluxe, EE by comparison feels almost rough and chalky. When worn, EE is bolder and darker. Both blend pretty well. You may want to get both, depending on your budget and how close you like your shadows to resemble one another. They are close. If I had to sum up the difference in one, it would be that JB can work as a subtle wash for day, whereas EE would only really work as a punchy bright look.

liquidsirenhoney

EE doesn't look blue on me unless i use blueboy paint or graphito....but it is very vibrant and i would go with EE over jewel blue.

lightsinsorrow

I LOVE Electric Eel, especially as a liner. I usually try to stay away from blue since too much of it makes me look like a hooker. Make sure you use a WHITE base (like Luna cream colour base) so that the color stays true and unaltered. I love Electric Eel on my bottom lashline topped with Waternymph- it turns it into a gorgeous bright Caribbean ocean blue. It was part of the eye look that got me the job at MAC!

The texture of Electric Eel can be a bit chalky though, so it's best applied wet (in my experience anyway).

Latest posts