Embarrased that I am not young & pretty

SparklingWaves

Thank you for your reply. I have NEVER felt pretty in my life. I have PTSD and this really affects how I view myself. I have been discussing with my therapist how I see so many beautiful young women being so brave on this website. She suggested that I show a picture of myself. This was very difficult for me, because I have extreme shame issues and now I am 40. I know ladies in their 40 already have botox, facelifts, peels, etc. I don't have money for that. So, after losing a close relative this Saturday who also suffered from PTSD all his life, I felt I should give it a go. Still crying just showing my face. It's very difficult when you were told you so ugly by your abusers. The abuse has effected every aspect of my life. I literally have to sleep with my biggest dog at night, because the flashbacks are so bad. Thank you.

gigglegirl

Hey SparklingWaves,

You are beautiful! Thanks for having the courage to post a pic here! Though I've not had the same experience, I truly do find this to be such a nice board/community I find myself coming here nearly daily for updates not just about makeup. There are many people here (myself included) that are here if you want to talk.

It can definitely be a hard thing to move forward but I wish you all the best!

Janice

Thank you for sharing your picture with us, you are beautiful.
smiles.gif

RoseMe

You are so pretty!!! I also love the colors of your cheeks and lips, what type of make up did you use?

VeXedPiNk

Sweetheart, you do not need to even THINK about surgical enhancements, Botox, or any of that jazz! You are GORGEOUS! I love how fresh and clean your skin looks! I'm glad you shared this picture with us and I hope to see more in the future
smiles.gif

What colour lipstick are you wearing?

SparklingWaves

Thank you so much for the positive replies. I have been so nervous. I need to post a picture that is clear, so you can see the colors. (((Yikes)))

Makeup:

Foundation: M.A.C. Studio Stick Foundation NW15
Lips: M.A.C. Chatterbox lipstick with M.A.C. Bountiful Plush Glass Gloss
Eyes: M.A.C. Silver Fog Pigment, Dark Soul Pigment, Chanel Silvery e/s, Raven pencil, Bobbie Brown Black pot liner, Pixel Paint
Cheeks: Chanel Narcisse #44 with Dior Show Cheeks in Lime light

makeba

Hello Beautiful lady!!

One thing is true everyone gets older with every birthday but as long as you keep yourself healthy inside your outsides will be pretty. Your stunning. I am 37yrs old and sometimes wish i was 25 again cuz back then i had excellent credit
lmao.gif
. My husband has PTSD and its not easy but i can only tell you to stay blessed and keep up the therapy becuz it helps.

By the way can ya teach me how to do a smokey eye becuz yours is awesome!!
eyelove.gif

SparklingWaves

I feel the Smoky Eye look can be achieved by a good set of brushes. I use a combo of Bobbi Brown and M.A.C. I particularly like to use Bobbi Brown's eyeliner brush to give that smudge or smoky look.

KAIA

I agree with everyone , you are a VERY BEAUTIFUL WOMAN, and this might sound weird but.. YOUR NOSE IS PERFECTION
eyelove.gif
.... I have a thing for noses...
lol.gif
... I'm serious!
Thanks for sharing this pic in specktra, I am looking forward to see more pics!! also! some fotds or tutorials.. would be awesome!!! Take care!!
Kisses
Kaia.