Ever broken a perfume bottle?

user79

I've smashed two perfume bottles!! (I'm not usually a clutz, I swear.)

The first one was a LE one by Givenchy, many years ago. At the time I was a poor student so buying perfume was like a huuuge splurge on my budget. I was living in a tiny, tiny place and the bathroom was the size of a closet so I didn't have a lot of space. It was so ram packed with stuff, I was reaching for something and the perfume slipped out of the shelf and smashed all over the floor - the 2nd day after I bought it!! It was pretty much full. I was sooo upset and angry at myself because it had been such a splurge for me, I actually started crying. LOL Pathetic, I know. I ended up getting a new one the next day though because I loved it.

The second bottle happened a few days ago, was in a rush in the morning to work and somehow my D&G Light Blue slipped out of my fingers, and smashed all over the floor. Luckily, there was only a tiny bit left so I didn't really care that much. Now my bathroom smells awesome.
th_LMAO.gif

So, ever smashed a perfume bottle? How did it happen?

pumpkincat210

I smashed one in my car along long time ago. It rolled out of my bag. It was disgusting, I had to steam clean the carpet several times to get the overpowering smell out. and it wasn't the kind of carpet you can remove so i was stuck with my car smelling like ck be for awhile. EW.

QTAllStarGurl

Haven't smashed one yet but I did recently lose a brand new bottle of Aquolina Pink Sugar which is my fave so I was pretty upset mostly since I had only used it like twice

aziajs

My mother had just given me a bottle of Ralph Lauren Romance. I brought it to work with me and was in our locker room getting ready to put it on. I dropped it and it shattered all over the ceramic tile. That locker room smelled like Romance for the next two months at least.

poowerplug

ahhhhhhhhh! yes i haveeee. it was a nearly fulll bottle of Envy Me and the bottle is tall and skinny so I knocked it all over the bathroom floor =[[[ i stood there staring at the shattered pieces superr depressed
don't wory... ur not alonee!!! =]=]

user79

It would be convenient to have the bottles made out of something other than glass - something that wouldn't break, since most people keep their stuff in the bathroom. Although I am suck a sucker for pretty bottles.

lovelyweapon

Yes! When I was about 13. My room smelled like Clinique Happy for two weeks...

I really tried to clean it out, but I don't know what it got on that took forever for the smell to go away!

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
It would be convenient to have the bottles made out of something other than glass - something that wouldn't break, since most people keep their stuff in the bathroom. Although I am suck a sucker for pretty bottles.

a lot of the more expensive perfumes contain essential oils. essential oils can react with plastics (thus changing the scent), and plastics also absorb a lot of scent.

the sad bit is that means plastics are no good for storing perfumes
ssad.gif

Obreathemykiss

I was in a rush one day leaving the hotel in Denver to get to my car in the parking garage...

Bags on wheels and I put my purse on top, not thinking anything of it. J Lo Miami slipped out and broke into a million pieces.

I wasn't that upset, it kinda stunk anyway, but it was still depressing.

I need a new scent. Lately, I've been rocking VS Very Sexy and Soul by Liz Claiborne. I'm just getting a little sick of the same smell.

My BF bought me Paris Hilton for Xmas thinking I would love it...and it doesn't smell great on me AT ALL.

Suggestions?

ms.marymac

I broke a C-Squeeze bottle at work when it was out. The entire counter smelled like furniture polish for a couple of days. Someone else broke a Deja Rose...oh, man. That was ROUGH. *cough, gag*.

lanaleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I've smashed two perfume bottles!! (I'm not usually a clutz, I swear.)

The first one was a LE one by Givenchy, many years ago. At the time I was a poor student so buying perfume was like a huuuge splurge on my budget. I was living in a tiny, tiny place and the bathroom was the size of a closet so I didn't have a lot of space. It was so ram packed with stuff, I was reaching for something and the perfume slipped out of the shelf and smashed all over the floor - the 2nd day after I bought it!! It was pretty much full. I was sooo upset and angry at myself because it had been such a splurge for me, I actually started crying. LOL Pathetic, I know. I ended up getting a new one the next day though because I loved it.

The second bottle happened a few days ago, was in a rush in the morning to work and somehow my D&G Light Blue slipped out of my fingers, and smashed all over the floor. Luckily, there was only a tiny bit left so I didn't really care that much. Now my bathroom smells awesome.
th_LMAO.gif

So, ever smashed a perfume bottle? How did it happen?

That's so weird, I broke my Light Blue, too. I have even sold perfume for years, and never broke a bottle until that one last year. I was sad--I liked that one
ssad.gif

tripwirechick

I smashed a bottle of Gucci II when I was rushing out the door. My bag hit the door frame and smashed the bottle.. which in turn covered EVERYTHING in my bag and the side of my body. It was very upsetting... it's my favourite fragrance ever!

DominicanBarbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTAllStarGurl
Haven't smashed one yet but I did recently lose a brand new bottle of Aquolina Pink Sugar which is my fave so I was pretty upset mostly since I had only used it like twice

Wow I lost a bottle of Pink Sugar too.Used it like 3x and it's gone!

bklynfemme

I need everything I own to be made of nerf or rubber because I am soooo clusmy. I broke a full bottle of my chanel coco mademoiselle a few months ago, slipped right out of my hand. I shed some tears
ssad.gif

Recently, I broke some samples in my purse. I normally carry around a few of the small glass viles just b/c they are small. bad idea, b/c they got crushed. at least my purse is scented now
tong.gif

vocaltest

I once was crossing a road and my bag like... buttoned over, hard to explain, and my Armani Sensi fell out the side of it and smashed
ssad.gif
I was so sad!

moonlit

I was cleaning my desk, I got a sample of a chanel perfume and well it slipped from my hand, broke..I was a wee bit upset yes.My room smelt awesome thou!I was upset the next day too so yeah,I hate it when it happens

BenefitAddict

ONCE...but it was terrible. I had a small bottle of Thierry Mugler Angel in my purse-y. I wasn't really aware of the bottle, guess because I forgot to take it out. I dropped my purse on the floor, and heard a small crash, and my purse was soaked, the bottle smashed into smitherenes...

On the bright side, my purse smelled like a fresh cup of hot chocolate for about a month, and because my purse is mostly made of hemp, it was washable.
winks.gif

looovemac

Once, I bought a set of Lancome Tresor (EDP, EDT and the Lotion) this was about 6 yrs ago.

My son, which he was two at the time, he used to love sitting on top of the dresser right in front of the mirror of course with my supervising. He was so fast and he grabbed the EDP (which was my favorite at the time) and throw right at the edge of the dresser, first I was so scared if he got hurt but soonest I was assured that he was find I was so upset the bottle was full and it happened right in front of my eyes!!!

My room smelled awesome for about two months

Latest posts