Ever wake up and feel different?

SparklingWaves

I thought my eyes look animal like here. LOL (close up of photo one)

Regular blah photo of me.
ssad.gif

Kuuipo

I especially love the top design. I like doing stuff like that to my nieces, their parents hate the face painting though. Humbug!

Don't ever grow all the way up Sparkling Waves!

MACATTAK

Neat looks! What's on your hair in the first one? Looks kinda like balloons! You have the most perfect nose ever!!

Okay!!! I looked closer...they are feathers! Didn't realize I could click on them...duhh!!

SparklingWaves

Hubby said I looked "crazy" . Oh, I guess I will have to do some "normal" looks. ((sigH))

I get worried about people who claim to people "Normal". LOL

This child. I mean old chick likes to have fun.
smiles.gif

Thank you for the compliments.

wolfsong

I LOVE it!! - The colouring/shading and how you've done the black on the first one especially (the black lines on the forehead are reminiscent of a gazelle to me).

It must be your childlike heart that keeps you soo youthful looking! I think that youthfulness is the most cherished virtue you can have - its so wonderful when people never loose the 'child' in them. I hope that i never feel too old/silly to get my face painted at zoos etc (im usually a white tiger for the day - it makes going shopping after more fun)
smiles.gif

Normal = boring to me
winks.gif

SparklingWaves

Thank you so much, Wolfsong. Hubby hates that I put it online. I told him that I think people will understand it's just art expression done with makeup. He thinks people will think I am a freak. Whoa! He really hates it. He said it's -"shocking and ugly".

Wow, that's a punch. I said, it's art on my face. "Yeah, it could be called that.", he said.

He said he likes Halloween looks better than this. "It's over the top and too much".

ssad.gif
It's not a look for Vogue. I wasn't trying to do that.

wolfsong

If you were to tattoo it onto your face, your husband would have more of a leg to stand on, but its completely removable - and thus harmless! I think its wonderful that you are creative, and open to expressing that - if anyone knocks you for it, its jealously and closed mindedness IMO.
Face painting/using makeup for art purposes (rather than everyday 'natural' makeup), or 'dressing up' doesnt ever mean you are a freak, it means you are a creative person (one which should be encouraged!)
I hope you continue to do what makes you happy and express yourself - we only have a certain amount of time to live. We may as well enjoy life and be ourselves - not be put in a box, or be the identical to those around us
smiles.gif

SparklingWaves

I actually took many pictures of these two looks. You got it. The first one is the spirit of animal/person. I was so glad you saw that.

Hubby & I had a discussion on many different art topics. He admitted that he had never seen anything like it. I took that as a compliment.

I am going to be doing a series of faces as my art medium. They aren't for "beauty" sake. They are what they are. They will have a spirit and identity all their own.

wolfsong

I think thats wonderful - i hope to be able to see them sometime!

Alot of people have a tendency to only want to see/expect to see art that is 'beautiful' or 'safe' (watercolours of flowers and lakes, anyone?). Art is what you have to/want to express, what moves you, what makes you feel - its not always a positive emotion, and thats okay (as long as you dont disregard it as something that isnt art because of this).

It sounds to me that your husband is coming around - maybe it was a bit of a shock!

SparklingWaves

I want to do his face. He has a wonderful masculine face. He starts running.
smiles.gif
I need a male template. That's what I tell him.

SparklingWaves

"Flowers and lakes anyone". I love that.

I added the black & white photo. Looks so blah. But, hubby likes that better. I know. It's normal. LOL

wolfsong

The black and white one is very sultry and Monroe-esque. I love how your eyes are in shadow. (Off topic: just noticed how cat like your eyes are! My eyes have thick blackish outlines too, but they're blue.)

SparklingWaves

I have had people say they have seen my eye color change in front of them. I guessing. That they are seeing my eye reflect the colors that are around. I don't really know.

It's sounds like you have some beautiful eyes, wolfsong.
smiles.gif

SparklingWaves

In the 1st picture, you can actually see the shading better in black and white. The 3rd picture looses it's affect in black & white, because it has less pigmented colors. On the right side of the face, there is a pale blue shade that ties in to the head band like area done in an aqua shade.

That's all I am doing on these. I feel so rusty.