EVERYONE RE: FAKE 187 brush on Ebay; From the sellers mouth:

Me:
Sorry, this is definitely a fake. >http://www.specktra.net/showthread.php?t=64917
>I am opening a PAYPAL dispute if I don't get a refund ASAP.

Them:
It is 100% AUTHENTIC as far as I know.
MAC has factories in many countries. Like a Toyota, the one sell in US is not the same, but slightly different as those in Europe, Asia, south America or Australia, might even be different from as close as Canada.

My sample brush are not intend for retail purpose, so it doesn't have the ''usual'' packaging like those you see in cosmetic counters.

All those name brand companies have 'private investigator agents' to comb through the web and ebay for counterfeits, they can tell from the pictures if its the real thing or not most of the time. Most people like you and me will not know what to look for. If they can't tell from the pictures, they usually will buy one for inspection. And you can sure they will contact ebay to have the item remove when they found one.

Everyone of my name brand brushes has been 'inspected or checked' by ebay before they can be appear of search by buyer, usually its many hours later after I list them, or the next day.
I want you to know, if you take any brush you buy from ebay or the web, and ask the lady at the cosmetics counter at department stories, they will tell you its not 'real'. Just think if everyone is buying from ebay or the web, those cosmetics ladies will NOT have a job. The other reason is those ladies are only low level employees only, they don't know the products well enough of any brands. And have no knowledge at all for '' their'' products selling in other countries. The only thing I believe they said is 'this brush is not the SAME as the one we are selling'. But not the same doesn't mean it's not authentic. Most brands make their brushes slightly different in other countries, their prices are quite different also.

Those companies don't want anybody to take a product from country A and sell it in country B.
Main reason is the local distributor is not making any money when you buy a brush from other countries. You know they have to pay a lot of money to get the RIGHT to sell in US, and no others are allow to sell in their territory. This is also the reason you can get it for such a low price. Skipping the middle-MENsss.

You know that the local distributor made lots of money on just one brush. If you go to ask the ladies at the cosmetics counter, do you think they will tell you ''your'' brush is 'real' and I'm so happy you can get one for such a good price. If the cosmetics lady tell you 'yes'. I believe she will be fired immediately. If not, sooner or later she will get layoff like me.

If you are not happy with this brush, please send it back for a FULL refund. I'll refund your FULL payment. The brush you got will be just like the pictures. Please let me know to expect the return if you are sending it back.
Sincerely,
Katie
What do you guys think?

Oh BTW this is
s.gif
allgood88

goink

I'm not too familiar with sending the package back.

BUT! Here what I'll do:
Ship it back with a tracking number. Before shipping, I would take some pictures of the item next a source with a date (such as a newspaper).
With sneaky sellers like these, it's better to take precautions even if it seems exaggerated.

Ebay is a shady place...
weeping.gif

ExquisiteImages

I would open a dispute with PayPal first. Then you both can communicate on there. When you ship back the item for full refund, make sure you have a delivery confirmation or tracking number to prove that you shipped it back to the seller. If shipping by USPS, I would pay the extra $1.35 for signature confirmation though. Good luck on getting your money back!

ExquisiteImages

Also, you can take the picture of the postal receipt, upload it to your computer, and upload it on photobucket or another picture uploading service. Copy and paste the link where you communicate with the seller. That is another way to prove you've shipped out the item.

Gemstone

What Katie has to say is true. It appears to me that MAC has taken a stance that "all product sold on ebay is fake." Or, more broadly, "any product not purchased directly from us or an authorized reseller is fake." This leaves buyers with no solid recourse to determine whether the product they purchased from ebay is real or not.
weeping.gif

I just wanted to update here that DH went to the MAC counter today and get me the real 187..he saw how upset I was last nite and got me the real thing for our anniversary. Whoo Hoo! What a DIFFERENCE. Obviously superb quality. I will NEVER buy cosmetics of any kind off Ebay again!

Xqueeze_me

How sweet of your DH, patriciamakemeu!
smiles.gif

I'm just curious that the seller said, "All those name brand companies have 'private investigator agents' to comb through the web and ebay for counterfeits, they can tell from the pictures if its the real thing or not most of the time. Most people like you and me will not know what to look for. If they can't tell from the pictures, they usually will buy one for inspection. And you can sure they will contact ebay to have the item remove when they found one."

If SHE isn't sure what to look for, then how the heck does she know they're authentic or not?? eBay unfortunately has a lot (not all!) of scammers and they list their items as authentic when they clearly are NOT!
ssad.gif
It would be GREAT to have those 'private investigator agents' to comb through eBay and the web for counterfeits, eh! Does anyone believe that? I don't. I've got scammed once and will NEVER buy cosmetics from eBay again! It so happened that the items were up for a few days or so but the 'private investigator agents' didn't detect the counterfeit MAC Pigments. Seller thinks the MAC Pigments are authentic and I wasn't given any proof. I had to go to the MAC Concept store to obtain some samples to see the difference. http://www.specktra.net/showpost.php...55&postcount=6 At least I got my refund back but what about the other buyers?? They were unaware that they've purchased crap!

Also not sure if ebay has changed but usually when I put stuff up for sale, they appear in the selling list instantly unless I schedule it to start at a particular time.

Here, I got this information from the MAC website:
Quote:
I want to sell M·A·C products. What should I do?
While we appreciate your interest in M·A·C products, please be advised that our products are distributed for sale only at our authorised retail store accounts, the majority of which are located in major department stores or international perfumeries. While there are other points of sale, we are not seeking to expand our distribution network at this time and we do not offer franchises.

I understand that some people actually buy authentic branded items (not in bulk!) then change their mind and decide to sell the items on eBay. I do that quite a lot unfortunately but have stopped myself and think if I need them or not on-the-spot now (Impulse buying sucks but it felt good at that time!
smiles.gif
).

Ambi

Funny, the dude is now selling the 187's for $10.99 [used to be $25], like he's in a hurry to get rid of them... And people buying from him think they've scored a super deal, ugh.
ssad.gif

dheedhee

geezz.. I should join this forum first and read about this before buy
ssad.gif
I just bought from this seller for this brushI haven't receive yet but the seller told me that he already ship the brush to me. I was pay by Paypal. What should i do???

tinagrzela

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciamakemeu
Me:
Sorry, this is definitely a fake. >http://www.specktra.net/showthread.php?t=64917
>I am opening a PAYPAL dispute if I don't get a refund ASAP.

Them:
It is 100% AUTHENTIC as far as I know.
MAC has factories in many countries. Like a Toyota, the one sell in US is not the same, but slightly different as those in Europe, Asia, south America or Australia, might even be different from as close as Canada.

My sample brush are not intend for retail purpose, so it doesn't have the ''usual'' packaging like those you see in cosmetic counters.

All those name brand companies have 'private investigator agents' to comb through the web and ebay for counterfeits, they can tell from the pictures if its the real thing or not most of the time. Most people like you and me will not know what to look for. If they can't tell from the pictures, they usually will buy one for inspection. And you can sure they will contact ebay to have the item remove when they found one.

Everyone of my name brand brushes has been 'inspected or checked' by ebay before they can be appear of search by buyer, usually its many hours later after I list them, or the next day.
I want you to know, if you take any brush you buy from ebay or the web, and ask the lady at the cosmetics counter at department stories, they will tell you its not 'real'. Just think if everyone is buying from ebay or the web, those cosmetics ladies will NOT have a job. The other reason is those ladies are only low level employees only, they don't know the products well enough of any brands. And have no knowledge at all for '' their'' products selling in other countries. The only thing I believe they said is 'this brush is not the SAME as the one we are selling'. But not the same doesn't mean it's not authentic. Most brands make their brushes slightly different in other countries, their prices are quite different also.

Those companies don't want anybody to take a product from country A and sell it in country B.
Main reason is the local distributor is not making any money when you buy a brush from other countries. You know they have to pay a lot of money to get the RIGHT to sell in US, and no others are allow to sell in their territory. This is also the reason you can get it for such a low price. Skipping the middle-MENsss.

You know that the local distributor made lots of money on just one brush. If you go to ask the ladies at the cosmetics counter, do you think they will tell you ''your'' brush is 'real' and I'm so happy you can get one for such a good price. If the cosmetics lady tell you 'yes'. I believe she will be fired immediately. If not, sooner or later she will get layoff like me.

If you are not happy with this brush, please send it back for a FULL refund. I'll refund your FULL payment. The brush you got will be just like the pictures. Please let me know to expect the return if you are sending it back.
Sincerely,
Katie
What do you guys think?

Oh my god!!!!! Don't send it back!!!! That's the guy that screwed me with the same brush!! I got the same lame answer from him, what an idiot!! Another buyer who had been duped by him told me not to send it back, since he won't send you the money. Just file with paypal, saying you don't want to return the brush, because you have no way of trusting a seller who sells fakes as reals. Who knows if you can trust that he will give you a refund.!!! trust me, do this and it will work. Paypal ended up paying me back all the money!

dheedhee

so is that fine to asked refund from Paypal without send it back to seller? do you still email the seller and told them about their item is fake???