eye makeup

Figen

Hi;

I generally don't use a base color for eyemakeup. I see many FOTD and see you use base colors. Which products can I use as a base color?

jess98765

As a base, i use MAC paints- stilfle. I know of people who use the cream colour bases as well..... I prefer paints cos its easy to apply (just slop it on - it doesn't have to be neat) and cos it truely does provide a better undercoat for eyeshadows.
Hope this helps. And btw- WELCOME TO SPECKTRA!!!

Sasha_2084

If you are interested in a base for eye makeup...

I would go with Vanilla from MAC the eyeshadow.

Or I would go with the MAC Cream Colour Base called "Shell".

xoxo
Sasha

faithhopelove24

I think when you choose a base for eyeshadow you must ask yourself 2 questions... are my eyelids more oily or dry? what is my skin color? if you eyelids are oily try an eye paint, if they are dry try a cream colour base. as far as color is concerned get the one closest to you skintone so it doesn't altar the color of eyeshadows when you apply them to your lids. when you use a base you will find you get better staying power and less creasing. Oh yeah if you don't want to use MAC urban decay has a very popular primer( i think it's ud potion primer) Good luck!!!

jasper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithhopelove24
I think when you choose a base for eyeshadow you must ask yourself 2 questions... are my eyelids more oily or dry? what is my skin color? if you eyelids are oily try an eye paint, if they are dry try a cream colour base. as far as color is concerned get the one closest to you skintone so it doesn't altar the color of eyeshadows when you apply them to your lids. when you use a base you will find you get better staying power and less creasing. Oh yeah if you don't want to use MAC urban decay has a very popular primer( i think it's ud potion primer) Good luck!!!

To go along with this, if you want a specific color to stand out more, i.e. purple or green, for example, you could try a paint or shadestick in a shade similar to the shadow you're planning on using.

beautifulxdisaster

I use Luna CCB, it's white silver/frostish so it brings the colours out and the shadows last. I think it keeps my lids from getting oily!

mac_obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithhopelove24

ITA
greengrin.gif

singinmys0ng

my eyelids are oily so i use Urban decay's primer potion..works wonderfuly. mac paints just creased on me..also try the shadesticks

Latest posts