eye recommendations!

cindy

Hey everyone! So I'm about to buy a couple things from MAC online but I just wanted some suggestions.

Currently I use UDPP and I love it, but would using a MAC Paint (bare canvas) over it be redundant? I'm hoping the paint will allow for easier blending and I just can't let go of UDPP because of the staying power.

Also, I am an NW15 so a little on the cool side and I'm looking to get some new eyeshadows. Would expensive pink, woodwinked, and gorgeous gold look good on me? My eyes are a cool-ish blue.

One last thing regarding eyeshadows... I tend to stay with nuetrals but I'm really looking to get into more colors like purple, blue, green etc. What are some of those colors that would look well with my skin color and eyes?

I have dark blonde/light brown hair if it matters.

Thanks!

Hawkeye

I think it would be redundant. The thing about MAC Paints-in my opinion is that they make eyeshadows unmovable. I haven't jumped on the UDPP bandwagon yet because I love the paints.

I think those colors would look really pretty on you!

As for more vibrant colors- I think purples would look nice-as long as they were blue based (IE: UD Asphexia), and not red based (IE: MAC Trax), blues would look really pretty on you-maybe if you got a dark blue for smokey eyes or a nice light blue would look pretty. Pinks would look gorgeous on you, black will make your eyes pop, greens will look gorgeous. Now, I'm going to scare the hell out of you with what I'm about to tell you but I think oranges will look gorgeous as well. That will really make your eyes pop!

Reds I would stay away from. Red based purples. ETC

There is a girl on here named SugarAsh who I think you will be able to identify well with. She is STUNNING and has blond hair blue eyes and I don't really know if she's warm toned or cool toned but if you look through her face of the days or page her she can help out a lot. She's very sweet! She is also on MUA-just go through her pictures and you'll be able to decide what you think looks good etc.

Have fun with makeup! I'm from the school of thought that anyone can wear any kind of makeup whatsoever and I disregard the cool tone warm tone thing but at the same time you gotta know what works for you.
smiles.gif
So just play and you'll be fine!
smiles.gif

kimmy

i'm an NW15 with blonde/brown hair and green eyes, so our colouring is pretty close
smiles.gif
i LOVE using blues like Tilt e/s and Deep Truth e/s for a smoky blue eye.

since you have blue eyes though, you may want to try more greens than blues...like Juxt e/s or Humid e/s, those are really pretty together with Gorgeous Gold really lightly as a highlight
winks.gif

i always get compliments when i wear purple shadows, too. i really like going with Liesuretime e/s (this is LE from the Belle Azure collection, though) you might try things like Nocturnelle e/s or Parfait Amour e/s for purple stuffs!

HTH!

Latest posts