eyebrows :(

kimmy

i'm not sure if this is the right place for this or not...but...

i have these really sparse/ugly eyebrows. in bathroom lighting they look okay, but they're blonde, so in natural lighting they're scarcely visible. they're too sparse to really dye either, and even when i dye them they don't hold the dye for more than a few days at best. i've used pencils and shadow, but i just don't like how unnatural they look with so much product in them.

does anyone know what will make them grow? and, while they're growing in a little thicker, how do i cover those little strays?

ebonyannette

I hear putting some Rogaine on them works, dab some on with a q tip and it helps them grow in fuller.

As far as them looking more natural have your tried tinted brow gel? that might work a little better...

Ambi

Castor oil apparently helps eyebrows grow faster [or so they said on How do I look? last week, blame them if it doesn't work
winks.gif
] They said to rub it on your browbone every night.

mzreyes

ITA with ebonyannette. my mom used rogaine on her brows because she over plucked them reeeaaaaal bad. lol.. you should end up with thicker brows, but i dont think they'll get any darker.

Simply Elegant

Yeah, rogaine does work but you have to be pretty careful applying it. I use NYC's brow gel with a mascara wand and then Annabelle's brown eyeshadow with an angled brush and I think doing it this way helps keep them look pretty natural.

tadzio79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambi
Castor oil apparently helps eyebrows grow faster [or so they said on How do I look? last week, blame them if it doesn't work
winks.gif
] They said to rub it on your browbone every night.

yep, I try to do this every night (although I tend to forget sometimes), and I have sparse eyebrows from overplucking, and they seem to help! I also apply it to my lashes as well with disposable mascara wands, the only thing I don't like about it is that it tends to be heavy, so I dab off a little afterwards.
thmbup.gif

I definitely noticed my lashes are getting longer and thicker, and my brows are starting to grow (and mine didn't at all w/o castor oil).

kimmy

thank you ladies.
smiles.gif

i've heard that using Rogaine on your face at all (ie. brow area) can cause like...beards, is that true?

and anyone know where i can get some castor oil?
greengrin.gif

ebonyannette

ha ha@ beards! I should hope not. Im not too sure how the product works but its what I have heard anyways. Try Castor Oil it cant hurt! My grandma used to always have it I believe you can get it at any grocery store if that doesnt work try a health food store like Whole Foods or Henrys

prplgrapesmakup

As a makeup artist I reccomend using the Rogaine, JUST on the sparse area of your brows. With a q-tip. You can use the regular version, even though they make one for women. I gave my cousin the same tip and now she bows at my feet for helping her brows.

allThingsGirl

PBI: I've actually heard that some people do this for their lashes too! (Rogaine).

Has anyone tried this and confirm it works for lashes too?

..kels*

kindof OT.. but this apparently promotes eyelash growth.

talika lipocils eyelash conditioning gel - $38

B000KJZEYS.01-AL6AV6GIKNB1B._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Product Description
This unique, transparent gel enriched with a complex of lecithin and 100% natural plant extracts is clinically proven and guaranteed to stimulate the growth of lashes, as it conditions and beautifies existing lashes.