Eyeshadow help

alysia

I'm wondering how you ladies get your eyeshadow to appear so bright. I've been trying for a while to achieve the effect I see on MA's and in the FOTD's, but I just can't.
ssad.gif
what brushes does everyone use? could that be the problem? do you use alot of shadow? layering? help!
th_worship.gif

JLEEMARKOWITZ

i use the 239 brush,its my HG! sometimes i pack on alot of color depending on the look i am going for,however a base whether it be a shadestick,paint or random eye shadow base is a MUST! your eyeshadows will look more vibrant then ever!
i use a shadestick daily (beige-ing) and i dont know how i ever lived without it! HTH!
smiles.gif

alysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLEEMARKOWITZ
i use the 239 brush,its my HG! sometimes i pack on alot of color depending on the look i am going for,however a base whether it be a shadestick,paint or random eye shadow base is a MUST! your eyeshadows will look more vibrant then ever!
i use a shadestick daily (beige-ing) and i dont know how i ever lived without it! HTH!
smiles.gif

do you use beige-ing with a ton of differnt colours? is it neutral enough for that? as for eyeshadow base, what would you recc?
and... whats HG?

JLEEMARKOWITZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by alysia
do you use beige-ing with a ton of differnt colours? is it neutral enough for that? as for eyeshadow base, what would you recc?
and... whats HG?

HG=Holy Grail-for me meaning its something i cannot replace with something else (hope that makes sense)

well i use my beige-ing s/s as my eyeshadow base,it is shimmery but that doesnt really matter since you put your e/s on top of it,my normal eotd consists of 2-3 colors over my beige-ing shadestick.
you could try MAC's eye primer,i have this in medium it can be used in the same way as the shadestick,however i would rec. the shadestick over that. i would buy beige-ing!
what you would do is just put it all over your lid and blend it a little (i use my finger for this) then apply your e/s as usual,you will see the difference i promise!

alysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLEEMARKOWITZ
HG=Holy Grail-for me meaning its something i cannot replace with something else (hope that makes sense)

well i use my beige-ing s/s as my eyeshadow base,it is shimmery but that doesnt really matter since you put your e/s on top of it,my normal eotd consists of 2-3 colors over my beige-ing shadestick.
you could try MAC's eye primer,i have this in medium it can be used in the same way as the shadestick,however i would rec. the shadestick over that. i would buy beige-ing!
what you would do is just put it all over your lid and blend it a little (i use my finger for this) then apply your e/s as usual,you will see the difference i promise!

Makes perfect sense (I'm a monty python fan sooo...
greengrin.gif
)
Alright I'll go pick that up & try it out
smiles.gif
thanks for the help!

Vicky88

I try to use a coloured shadestick rather than Beige-ing or something because it's even more colour.

Urban Decay e/s primer potion is meant to be amazing for it.

Femme Noir

Creme Colour bases and shadesticks really help this problem. However if you're going to use a cream colour base, use it VERY sparingly over a paint, cause they will cause creasing. But if used correctly like how i said, it'll make your eyeshadows very bright
smiles.gif

alysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Femme Noir
Creme Colour bases and shadesticks really help this problem. However if you're going to use a cream colour base, use it VERY sparingly over a paint, cause they will cause creasing. But if used correctly like how i said, it'll make your eyeshadows very bright
smiles.gif

I did the live chat with MAC & she told me to use a cream colour base (shell). If I don't use it over a paint... than am I good?

pr1nces583

i use my lightning touch (Body shop) under eye concealer as my eye primer. it works really well, my eyeshadows appear vibrant and they last all day- at least 12 hrs anyway!

bellaetoile

urban decay primer potion! a thin layer of that, let it dry, then use a shadestick in whatever color eyeshadow your applying. ofr instance, if you're doing a blue and brown look on your lid, with a natural colored highlight, use sea me and taupographic shadesticks in the area you want those colors, then beige-ing for the highlight, then put your actual eyeshadow colors over it, applying the shadow with the 239 or the 272 which are the best MAC brushes ever for packing on color.

kimmy

you gotta use a base, there's lots of stuff you can do for a base though. even without using some of those high end products. you can always use concealer as a base!

personally, i use a shadestick (seconding beige-ing, it's a staple for me!) and a cream colour base over it (usually luna to completely neautralize the beige-ing) and i use sponge tip applicatours for my shadow, always comes out very vibrant and long lasting
winks.gif

veilchen

I found that using a paint or shadestick that matches the e/s colours you want to use helps a lot, e.g. Silverbleu or Sea Me s/s under bluish e/s, Pink Couture s/s or Canton Candy paint under pinks, Chartru paint or Shimmermint s/s under greens, Corn s/s under golds, Mangomix s/s under oranges. There are so many more ;-)
Overcast s/s also helps me to bring out any colour brighter because it makes my (already very pale) lids plain white. And I apply most of my frost and veluxe pearls wet - they apply so brightly then.

HTH!!

Latest posts