Eyeshadow.. help?

VogueInfection

Everytime I try to apply eyeshadow (of anysort) it looks junky. I play around with my makeup hoping that I will eventually get a good result, but I just totally stink at makeup I guess.

Here is my fotki, it has pictures of all my makeup and me (with and without makeup) on it. Can someone give me some pointers on how to apply my eyeshadow.. and what colors to use, and how to apply it?? Thank you so much!

-Steffy

midnightlouise

hi!
You're really pretty! Honestly the best advice I can give is to go through the tutorials forum and see how the experts there do their makeup
smiles.gif
It's broken down step by step so that it's easy to practice. I am not great by any means, but I have learned so much by looking at these tutorials & the FOTDs to check out new combos.
smiles.gif
I'm sure you'll be an expert yourself in no time!

BlahWah

You look really cute in both pictures, and I don't think you're doing as bad a job as you think! But we all want to improve, and we're all our worst critics. Hmmm...perhaps it may be the tools (i.e. brushes) you use, or maybe a primer/base on your lids may help in a smoother application. Actually, what exactly do you mean by junky? If you can tell us what happens we can help you out better.
smiles.gif

VogueInfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
You look really cute in both pictures, and I don't think you're doing as bad a job as you think! But we all want to improve, and we're all our worst critics. Hmmm...perhaps it may be the tools (i.e. brushes) you use, or maybe a primer/base on your lids may help in a smoother application. Actually, what exactly do you mean by junky? If you can tell us what happens we can help you out better.
smiles.gif

I mean it just basicall ylooks really awful

I'll go check out the tutorial forum and see what I can learn.
smiles.gif

Charnelle

The way makeup turns out has a lot to do with tools and the amount of pressure applied.
With good tools anyone can do great makeup.
I'd just say find a few looks you really like on the tutorial page, and practice them. Try different brushes and pressure to see which you like more and.
You might even find that your finger works better for blending.
If i see a look i like but want to modify it a bit, i practice on my hand first.
I know it sounds strange, but its helps me.

And you are actually really pretty you know. You have great eyes.
I'm actually quite jealous!
graucho.gif

Latest posts