eyeshadows/liners - looking for recs :)

pokka

this is all the eye makeup that i own: here

and this is me:
me!
unfortunately it's a terrible angle but the best i have in terms of skin tone.

clearly i don't have enough
smiles.gif
and no mac at all. what would you recommend? i have no problem with color - i'd much rather it on my eyes than my lips, but what you see is what i wear to work, and i'm an elementary school teacher
smiles.gif
i want more fun stuff, though!

TIA
smiles.gif

YOOTOPiA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokka
this is all the eye makeup that i own: here

and this is me:
me!
unfortunately it's a terrible angle but the best i have in terms of skin tone.

clearly i don't have enough
smiles.gif
and no mac at all. what would you recommend? i have no problem with color - i'd much rather it on my eyes than my lips, but what you see is what i wear to work, and i'm an elementary school teacher
smiles.gif
i want more fun stuff, though!

TIA
smiles.gif

you are sooo cute! i think you would look great in purples, some that i'd recommend are: digit, beautiful iris, satellite dreams or purple haze.
greens are always beautiful, i like (i will try to limit to 3-4 from lightest to darkest for each color): swimming, velvet moss, humid.
some others to consider...
aqua/teals: aquadisiaic, zonk bleu, shimmermoss, electric eel
blues: tilt or moons reflection, freshwater, deep truth
browns: woodwinked, mulch, brown down, embark
grays: fine shine, scene, knight divine
as far as a simple staples i like naked lunch or phloof for a highlighter, quarry or kid as a midtone and carbon for your basic black.
as far as eyeliners go i like fluidlines all the way. they provide good color payoff and last long without smudging. blacktrack is a must have, they have other awesome colors as well.
hth =)

YOOTOPiA

as for lip colors its all a personal preference especially when it comes to textures. but simple lips (since you prefer colorful eyes) i like lipglasses in: lovechild, entice, viva glam v, cthru.
blush for pinks i like dollymix, for peaches i like margin, for that peachy pink i like peachykeen and my new favorite right now is springsheen =)
(sorry for double post, my computer froze and i thought i had to rewrite everything... but it went through in the end)

pokka

that was beyond helpful! thank you!

funny you mentioned love bud cause it's the only MAC item i own so far! off to the MAC store it is for me
smiles.gif

YOOTOPiA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokka
and completely unrelatedly... we have the same birthday!!
smiles.gif

oh yay!! its always fun to meet people with the same bdays. out of all twelve months, august is known to have the most birthdays. i guess cold winters and holidays have something to do with it
winks.gif

Latest posts