Fair/pale skin girl shouldn't use Shooting Star?

neotrad

I have fair skin and MAC NC15 is even sometimes a little too dark for me, and I did know some bronzers aren't meant for women who have pale skin..., but I've heard MAC Shooting Star is even good for those who are very fair skin toned, so I recently purchased it, and tried it...and I don't think I look healthy when bronzers are supposed to make your skin look healthier.
ssad.gif
I'm not into swapping cosmetics, so I need some recommendations/suggestions to fix this problem, really bad. ...Or should I not even have gotten a Shooting Star in the first place?

By the way, I applied it very lightly with my MAC 187 brush.
ssad.gif

Simply Elegant

You could try layering a blush with it or an MSF or you could return it. You might want to try to use a fluffier brush for a lighter application if you don't want to return it.

Shawna

My favorite trick for bronzers (because I am super pale) is to put them on and then put a light dusting of matte powder over top of them. It makes it look like you are glowing from within, and it doesn't look too harsh.

neotrad

Thank you ladies!
smiles.gif
I will try and layer it over a peach tone blush! Applying it on your upper body sounds pretty interesting too.
smiles.gif

And Shawna, that's one definite good idea! I'll try that. Thanks a lot!
smiles.gif

AudreyNicole

I am an NW20 and sometimes I feel like it's too dark for me (I got it when I was tan) but I love using it over blush, or on my upper body like was recommended. I sometimes put pressed powder over it too so it doesn't look so muddy. And, I use it as an eyeshadow too
smiles.gif

neotrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I am an NW20 and sometimes I feel like it's too dark for me (I got it when I was tan) but I love using it over blush, or on my upper body like was recommended. I sometimes put pressed powder over it too so it doesn't look so muddy. And, I use it as an eyeshadow too
smiles.gif

Thank you!!!
Yes, looking 'muddy' was what I wanted to mean too. :\
I'll try what you recommend as well.
smiles.gif
You look dewy in your icon!
winks.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotrad
Thank you!!!
Yes, looking 'muddy' was what I wanted to mean too. :\
I'll try what you recommend as well.
smiles.gif
You look dewy in your icon!
winks.gif

I was wearing Shooting Star in my icon picture over Milani Luminous blush!
smiles.gif

maxcat

Yep. The old "too pale for bronzer" problem... Makes you look like you rolled in dirt, right?
Couple of options here. You could keep it as a pretty eyeshadow and have it for ever... or get rid of it.
My recc. if you want that sort of effect is to get your paws on the new Taupe blush that came out with Untamed. I think it's what you're looking for. The Avant Gold MSF in medium dark is also a similar shade and will give you a nice glow.

Raerae

heh... i have a bit of the same expierence... NW20 here. I rarely use it on my face, unless i plan to be in the sun. But i often use it on my eyes. I've also though of useing it on my body, give the illusion of more clevage with a darker color heh lol...

It's not one of my can't live without products, but i'm glad I have it. Not to mention if I do get tanned up at some point in the future, i'm sure it will look nice as a bronzer/blush/etc then.

kimmy

i'm an NW15 and just like you, that even looks too dark on me sometimes haha. i have to buff and blend it out like crazy to get it to look normal!

to get a bronze look, i use Refined Golden and i LOVE it. but i was really interested in Shooting Star (it would have been my first MSF but i spent all my money on other MAC stuff so i missed out on it
ssad.gif
) when something's too dark on me though, i put some loose translucent powder over it and buff them out together with a little kabuki brush. it usually works out pretty well, i've gotten alot of compliments on how my skin looks and it's almost always from doing that
winks.gif

using it with a blush, as has been said is also a good idea i think. and then buff, buff, buff with a little kabuki brush and you'll get that really amazing dewy, natural looking skin
smiles.gif
HTH!

ette

I'm a C25/C40, not pale, actually medium, but I have a problem with it turning orangey on my yellow/olive skin. Anyone have any tips for this?

neotrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ette
I'm a C25/C40, not pale, actually medium, but I have a problem with it turning orangey on my yellow/olive skin. Anyone have any tips for this?

Mmmm, what about applying a bit lighter shade of blot powder or sheer-matte powder before you apply Shooting Star? Just a little bit lighter shade than the shade you normally wear. I think MAC Pro Set Powder in Invisible would work great also cause it doesn't leave any color on your skin. It's worth getting it anyway. It makes your skin and makeup just flawless!

I would like it though if Shooting Star turned orangey on my skin! Cause I think it'd be cute.

neotrad

I just wanted to thank you everyone who helped me out here! I tried applying a light layer of my blot powder over Shooting Star like most of you suggested, and it worked great! I'm not afraid or hesitant to use it anymore! Also Pro Set Powder worked pretty good as well! Thanks a lot!
smiles.gif

Latest posts