Fake 129- From the Store?

ItsASecret

I bought a 129 brush from the Mac outlit in West Ed last month, and I was worry about it's quality. And just last week my mother bought a 129 from the Bay outlit in Edmonton and hers is alot better quality. The bristles are softer, and fuller. Is mine fake? Or just "different" I've attatched a picture comparing, mines the one ontop and hers is on the bottom. Please help! I don't want to be ripped off from the retailer.
macbrushes.jpg

Marcita

No two brushes are identical. If you could look at all the ones in the store without the plastic you'd notice a difference. I find it often with brushes that are angled especially.

ItsASecret

I know no two brushes are identical but there is BIG difference. Also, now that I was playing with them some more, I accidental scraped the "129" lettering right off! And when I scratch hers, it doesn't fade.

..kels*

i highly HIGHLY doubt you'd get a fake brush directly from MAC. try washing them both & see if that makes a difference. if you're really THAT concerned, exchange for a new brush. HTH.

Holly

Where's the Bay outlet in Edmonton? Or do you mean the Mac in the bay in west ed? I wanna check that place out!
greengrin.gif

And Im pretty sure that's not fake

caffn8me

It will be genuine. Being a natural product, the hair can vary slightly from brush to brush. Have you washed your brush? It may still have some coating on the fibres from during manufacture which will make it feel rougher or stiffer.

bellaetoile

no two brushes are identical, you said so yourself. this means that quality can differ, even among real brushes. since they are made out of actual animal hair, the quality, thickness, and overall construction of each and every brush is different, and therefore, comparisons can be misleading, even among completely identical, authentic brushes. the size of the 129 can make it easier to spot differences. the silver numbering comes off of ALL of the mac brushes, sometimes sooner, rather than later. for future reference, if the silver lettering coming off bothers you, go over it with clear nail polish when you first buy the brush. i know it sucks that you have to do that, but the lettering coming off is an unfortunate characteristic of mac brushes (real ones). i have 30-some mac brushes, all full-size, authentic, and purchased from freestanding stores, and they have almost all lost their lettering. both brushes you have look authentic, i find it difficult to believe a store or counter would sell a fake brush. its almost an impossibility, and its certainly quite improbable. i have 3 187-brushes and they all are different. it's really just the nature of the cosmetic brush.

ItsASecret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly
Where's the Bay outlet in Edmonton? Or do you mean the Mac in the bay in west ed? I wanna check that place out!
greengrin.gif

And Im pretty sure that's not fake

There's Mac in the Bay located at Southgate Mall. They have a little black alcove. I've only been there once and they seemed to have a good selection. But I was dissapointed that they didn't have eyeshadows in pallet form.

And thanks everyone for the help, I will try washing it some more, and see if that helps.

Holly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsASecret
There's Mac in the Bay located at Southgate Mall. They have a little black alcove. I've only been there once and they seemed to have a good selection. But I was dissapointed that they didn't have eyeshadows in pallet form.

And thanks everyone for the help, I will try washing it some more, and see if that helps.

Oh nice, I thought the only MACs were in WEM
greengrin.gif
Southgates pretty outta the way for me anyhow, since im in St. Albert :p But now I know theres another MAC for me to hit if I go there for some reason
smiles.gif