Fake 239

PrettyPanda

I am soooo pissed off!!
th_remoteImage-61.gif

I bought my 2nd #239 from eBay because it's my favorite brush. The seller only had 3 feedbacks but being new to eBay myself, I gave her benefit of doubt. First of all, after I won the brush she quoted my $9.99 for international shipping although the listing page said $6.90. Today I received the brush and I suspect it's a fake.

The first thing I noticed was the strong chemical (glue?) smell. The brush head is smaller than my original brush and the handle has the sparkling bits with 'Japan' imprinted on it. The 'MAC' label also of worse quality and the weight is definitely much lighter than the original.

Since I bought the brush the seller's rating had increased from 3 to 23 and currently she has no items to sell. Not sure if I should mention the eBay sellername here.

caffn8me

You can post the username and I'll check. If you would prefer to send me a link to your auction in a private message that's OK too. It is likely to be fake as the last time I searched for a 239 brush a few days ago there were only a couple of genuine ones and the rest were fakes.