Fake eylashes everyday ?

chups

Hi !

Is it possible (and is it a good thing) to wear fake eyelashes everyday ?
Is there some girls that do this here ?
I've nerver tried to wear eyelashes...... hehe !
ssad.gif

Thannkssss !
cheerleader.gif

Hawkeye

I spoke to another girl on another board about this and she told me that the falsies would really her eyelashes. She does this everyday because she does a 1940's pinup thing but anyway.

rouquinne

if i NEED to wear lashes every day - because i've had too many fall out in one area (which happens) - i use the tiny clumps that are sold as "individual" lashes and use the "permanent" glue (which really only lasts a couple of days at a time).

there are other options - fibre-building mascara formulas are probably a better bet if you have short or generally sparse lashes.

the little clumps are easier to learn to use than full strip.

maxcat

I've got a client who does it... #20s. Never seen her without 'em. Hey, whatever floats your boat...

calbear

I actually wear lashes EVERY day. House on fire....let me get my tennis shoes and my lashes. Grocery store...lashes. I have never had much in the lash department and I have big BIG eyes so I typically have on two pairs.

ebonyannette

^ ha ha you are so funny Calbear.

I hear Oprah has to have them on like everyday too. I personally dont have enough guts to do it, but I dont see anything wrong with it as long as your not pulling out your lashes.

There are more natural legnths also I like Sears Essential or Rite Aide they have some good choices and they are cheap!

mistella

I wear fake eyelashes pretty much everyday. I like my lashes to look super long & thick and for me to get that with mascara takes so long & takes so many coats. Just applying lashes is so much faster & easier & I don't have to worry about removing all that mascara at the end of the night.

Bernadette

I've heard of a lot of celebs that wear them every day. tyra Banks for one.
I used to have a manager at nordie's that wore them every day and I was really impressed because she lives really far from work. I was alway slike "what time do you wake up in order to be ready???"
I need to start wearing lashes more, I don't think I could ever do it every day though.
For the record I'm a big fan of ardell lashes which can be found at Sally's from $2.99 to $3.49
winks.gif

Sti43

To add to this thread, I have been trying to find a pair of lashes that suit me. I'm asian, have super short lashes! All the lashes I've tried are WAY too dramatic, and look fake! Any recs? Seriously, I need something more natural then ardell 105s or 110s. I've even used MAC 25s (bottom lashes) on top and these are still TOO long!

chups

Thank you so much for your replies girls !!!
i definitely have to try lashes...
For those who wear it very often, is it really long to apply ?
Which ones do you recommand me for an everyday (but sexy) look, not too dramatic ?
And which glue ?
Is it possible that the lashes fall out il the middle of the day ? I am so afraid about this....

swt_int3ntions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sti43
To add to this thread, I have been trying to find a pair of lashes that suit me. I'm asian, have super short lashes! All the lashes I've tried are WAY too dramatic, and look fake! Any recs? Seriously, I need something more natural then ardell 105s or 110s. I've even used MAC 25s (bottom lashes) on top and these are still TOO long!

I'm definitely in the same boat. Please let me know if you find any
lol.gif

Hawkeye

Quote:

You have to cut them down to your desired length! You take some small cuticle scissors and just cut them down.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Thank you so much for your replies girls !!!
i definitely have to try lashes...
For those who wear it very often, is it really long to apply ?
Which ones do you recommand me for an everyday (but sexy) look, not too dramatic ?
And which glue ?
Is it possible that the lashes fall out il the middle of the day ? I am so afraid about this....

To apply it- they take practice for it to look right and not have a huge gap. So just practice practice practice! Use a surgical adhesive (MAC sells one- but any place you get lashes-sallys etc should sell it- it's a little white tube called Duo). Then you apply a little on the strip and wait until its tacky feeling and then press it into your lashline. As for the lashes themselves-MAC #7 I hear is very natural but I am not sure on the ardells. I would personally go for the ardells since they are a LOT cheaper than Macs!

rouquinne

i share - herewith - my super-secret for fake lash shopping:

http://www.eeyelash.com/

this company is the manufacturer that supplies Ardell among others. a pair is $1.99 US, yes, they do require a minimum order (i get 10 at a time), but they often have free shipping within the US and the out-of-country shipping is quite reasonable.

enjoy!

greengrin.gif

syrene78

I tried to PM you but your mail box is full...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
I've heard of a lot of celebs that wear them every day. tyra Banks for one.
I used to have a manager at nordie's that wore them every day and I was really impressed because she lives really far from work. I was alway slike "what time do you wake up in order to be ready???"
I need to start wearing lashes more, I don't think I could ever do it every day though.
For the record I'm a big fan of ardell lashes which can be found at Sally's from $2.99 to $3.49
winks.gif

mistella

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouquinne
i share - herewith - my super-secret for fake lash shopping:

http://www.eeyelash.com/

this company is the manufacturer that supplies Ardell among others. a pair is $1.99 US, yes, they do require a minimum order (i get 10 at a time), but they often have free shipping within the US and the out-of-country shipping is quite reasonable.

enjoy!

greengrin.gif

I order from this site too, i love them!!

ticklemethu

i LOVE false lashes!!!!

i would wear them everyday if i had the time! they make my eye makeup looks MUCH better with them. im asian so my lashes are pretty short and brittle. i hate them!!

I took a trip to Vietnam last year and bought about uh, 150 pairs of diff lashes. So I have quite a few to last me a while!!

I have found that the glue you buy @ sallys & drug stores do not stay on as long as the surgical one MAC sells.

smiles.gif

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

If I could be bothered I'd wear them everyday, but when you use them everyday they also get a lil' pricy ya know, and thats even using them 3-4 times...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chups
I dont know if ardell is available in France.... Anyway, thanks a lot for your advices !!

If you want some lashes, set yourself up a paypal account if you don't have a CC and check out this site madamemadeline.com They ship internationally and have the cutest lashes, plus they're pretty damn cheap too!