Fake Fafi Lipsticks?

Jacks_Echo

I'm a complete MAC newb and decided I'd give Ebay a shot, to pick up some used stuff to try out before I blew big money on ordering from the store and so far its been...hard work. I've ordered 5 different items, and 2 of those were fake from all different sellers luckily I've had a lot of helpful people online assist me in working out the real deal from the counterfeits...only this time I'm stumped!

I ended up with 2 fafi lipsticks which were listed as "not so innocent" and as soon as they arrived they were the wrong colour, based on the picture I'd say more similar to "utterly frivolous" but i wouldn't know as every single identifying stickers been torn off! apparently to stop them being returned which was the explanation I got, in most respects they look genuine but theres a distinct issue with the french spelling on the outer case?

I have no idea if i've been got or not and I've never even seen a real fafi lipstick to compare
ssad.gif
- any help would be most graciously received.

http://pics.livejournal.com/jacks_echo/pic/002e6qex

http://pics.livejournal.com/jacks_echo/pic/002e7a2p

http://pics.livejournal.com/jacks_echo/pic/002e8926

http://pics.livejournal.com/jacks_echo/pic/002e90h1

http://pics.livejournal.com/jacks_echo/pic/002eascy

http://pics.livejournal.com/jacks_echo/pic/002eb35t

TheCollector

Hi.

I have a couple brand new Fafi lipstick back ups I bought that are still in the box, and I pulled those out to compare. And all I can say is, if they are fakes, they are really good fakes. Everything matched and looked exactly like my boxes, except the UPC label wasnt there. The fonts looked a little light, but its hard to tell from a photo. I'm interested to hear what some more experienced members have to say. But it looks like mine...

Jacks_Echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCollector
Hi.

I have a couple brand new Fafi lipstick back ups I bought that are still in the box, and I pulled those out to compare. And all I can say is, if they are fakes, they are really good fakes. Everything matched and looked exactly like my boxes, except the UPC label wasnt there. The fonts looked a little light, but its hard to tell from a photo. I'm interested to hear what some more experienced members have to say. But it looks like mine...

Even I'd thought that myself, if they were bogus they were pretty impressive ones at least - I've scrutinised every single photograph of the fafi packaging I can find online to compare the only thing which rung alarm bells was the lack of [ I'm going to sound stupidly ignorant now - above the word fabrique there isn't an apostrophe if it is an apostrophe in French Spelling?, wheras there is one on the inner box]

I've held the box up in the light to check and there does appear to be a sticky residue mark where an oblong UPC sticker would have been but its very very faint.

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks_Echo
dwskerritt

You might want to check this sellers' feedback now. Not being rude but wanted to compare boxes between his and etherial*angels' to see if I could spot packaging flaws. This seller is now at 80% in the UK for failure to make good with peoples' packages. I looked overseas and cannot find these lipsticks, just eyeshadows, foundations, lipglasses and blushes for the Fafi category. This seller won't be a problem to anybody soon if he doesn't start selling right if he can even clean up the mess he's currently in.

Jacks_Echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
You might want to check this sellers' feedback now. Not being rude but wanted to compare boxes between his and etherial*angels' to see if I could spot packaging flaws. This seller is now at 80% in the UK for failure to make good with peoples' packages. I looked overseas and cannot find these lipsticks, just eyeshadows, foundations, lipglasses and blushes for the Fafi category. This seller won't be a problem to anybody soon if he doesn't start selling right if he can even clean up the mess he's currently in.

I have been checking the feedback constantly just to see if any of the other buyers had the same issue as me thinking their purchases might not be real, which is more my concern is sooner rather than later he'll either purge his account or be removed which leaves me no option to return the items if they aren't real so its a timing thing really.

Do you mean in general or just on ebay no lipsticks overseas? to be honest seeing the back of him from ebay would be a blessing because he's a pain in the backside, I just want to know if he duped me or not before he gets kicked off.

User27

Bearer of bad news. Just found them in the wrong listing. Hot! mac Lipstick
There are 14 colors being offered that are fake. I'm sorry but they got by the search originally because they listed it as a regular MAC lipstick. Anybody that can supply photos of their authentic Fafi lipstick and box from all angles would be greatly appreciated. The 40 thieves almost snuck this one by me but these are their Fafi copies available as of 2 weeks ago. I apologize as I wasn't able to locate it quicker because they labelled this wrong when they made their listing. Hopefully you can get someone's pics right away to compare yours to and good luck.

User27

Quote:
Hi.

Would you be able to help her with pics? Her seller is going down fast and I'm into stuff like Red She Said...found Fafi a little too neutral to my liking. No offense guys!!! The UPC tampering is a bad sign and her pics blur on my screen and IF they are counterfeit, she's got limited time to file with her seller in the state he is. You are most awesome if you can help her out because this Utterly Frivolous is a mess on Ebay alone.

Jacks_Echo

Quote:
Would you be able to help her with pics? Her seller is going down fast and I'm into stuff like Red She Said...found Fafi a little too neutral to my liking. No offense guys!!! The UPC tampering is a bad sign and her pics blur on my screen and IF they are counterfeit, she's got limited time to file with her seller in the state he is. You are most awesome if you can help her out because this Utterly Frivolous is a mess on Ebay alone.

I really don't want to but I think I'm going to file through paypal now, the amount of angst he's caused me isn't even worth the effort you just get so fed up of things arriving off ebay which are suspicious I'm massively dubious about sending back the items before being refunded though as he's not got a great rap, but ebay wont let you do that will they? I'm just worried he'll recieve them and still get to keep my money by doing a disappearing act.

pumpkincat210

Oh that sucks! So he probably isn't going to have the money to refund you and you still have to waste more money sending the stuff back just to see if he does give a refund...
Paypal/ebay irk me...on mac's site it says that no unauthorized person is to resell mac, yet ebay lets counterfeiters do it on a ginormous scale! You'd think they would try to be somewhat legit, but i guess not.

TheCollector

Quote:

Hi, I will not be able to get to it for a couple hours, but hopefully by this evening.

Also, yes, I was wondering why you don't just go ahead and file with paypal- that way it puts the money in his account on hold (if he has any), that way your more likely to get it refunded.

Jacks_Echo

Quote:
Hi, I will not be able to get to it for a couple hours, but hopefully by this evening.

Also, yes, I was wondering why you don't just go ahead and file with paypal- that way it puts the money in his account on hold (if he has any), that way your more likely to get it refunded.

It would be fantastic if you can
smiles.gif

I filed with Paypal this afternoon after I posted here, even if it all turns out to not be fake at least I've covered my bases and I've already got the dispute open so I can't go past the deadline to dispute it with ebay.

TheCollector

ok, Jacks, I have the pics; it might just take me a few (or more) minutes to figure out the best way to put them on here...

so thats what i'm doing right now
winks.gif

TheCollector

alright, bare with me (or is it bear???) this is only the 2nd time i've tried this, I took a bunch of pictures, but only thing is, my camera doesnt take the best super close shots. The only thing to enhance the photos I did was lighten them cause it was stormy outside, and 'sharpen' them cause they were blurry.

Please excuse my window sill... I had no idea how dirty it was!
shockt.gif

How do I put a thumbnail and not just a link?? or how do I just insert the actual picture??

ok.. I did it all but I'm having a problem with loading it. ugh...

User27

Quote:
alright, bare with me (or is it bear???) this is only the 2nd time i've tried this, I took a bunch of pictures, but only thing is, my camera doesnt take the best super close shots. The only thing to enhance the photos I did was lighten them cause it was stormy outside, and 'sharpen' them cause they were blurry.

Please excuse my window sill... I had no idea how dirty it was!
shockt.gif

How do I put a thumbnail and not just a link?? or how do I just insert the actual picture??

ok.. I did it all but I'm having a problem with loading it. ugh...

Tish just had to teach me the same for the fake pigments thread. XD You have to upload the pics to a Photobucket account or pic hoster of some kind. I inserted the image link on the bottom of available methods to get them to appear on the screen so people wouldn't have to click links. If you have a Photobucket I can step you through after the upload to your account....I used the old uploader cuz it kicks bass.

Good job on the Paypal dispute filing because they put a lockdown on your money before he disappears. Disputed amounts are held from the seller until case determination.....I sound so legalese. XD You can add details if he gets out of hand e-mailing you trying to request you cancel the claim. Do not drop claim until Paypal has made a decision despite him possibly asking you to, once it's dropped, it's a done deal through them. I hate these things but you usually get your money back from what I've seen and once pics are up, I'll start reporting his auctions if his aren't real. Saves the next chick the headache.

TheCollector

Well, while i'm in the learning curve of posting pics on here, I have sent JacksEcho the pics thru email. Hopefully we'll know what she thinks soon!
winks.gif

Jacks_Echo

I'll admit in comparison to The Collectors photos its pretty much a perfect copy, but mine are definitely fake when you compare the misspelling in my earlier photos to the back of The Collectors Fafi Box. - Thank you again for sending these over to me so fast its really really appriechiated
smiles.gif

Heres the photographs she emailed me earlier for comparison:

DSC08192.jpg

DSC08188.jpg

DSC08187.jpg

DSC08183.jpg

DSC08180.jpg

DSC08178.jpg

DSC08175.jpg

DSC08174.jpg

DSC08173.jpg

DSC08171.jpg

DSC08169.jpg

DSC08166.jpg

DSC08177.jpg

DSC08176.jpg

TheCollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks_Echo
I'll admit in comparison to The Collectors photos its pretty much a perfect copy, but mine are definitely fake when you compare the misspelling in my earlier photos to the back of The Collectors Fafi Box. - Thank you again for sending these over to me so fast its really really appriechiated
smiles.gif

You are very welcome!
winks.gif

I don't understand what you mean when you say "fake when you compare the misspelling in my earlier photos" ??

Does that mean that the lipstick you bought is fake??
th_confused_new.gif
Sorry, I've had a long day, I'm tired and confused...
sleepy.gif

Jacks_Echo

Quote:
You are very welcome!
winks.gif

I don't understand what you mean when you say "fake when you compare the misspelling in my earlier photos" ??

Does that mean that the lipstick you bought is fake??
th_confused_new.gif
Sorry, I've had a long day, I'm tired and confused...
sleepy.gif

Indeed it is, if you check the photos I originally posted of the outer box the spelling of fabrique is different to the one on yours, I'd like to think factory misprint but its unlikely
ssad.gif