fake lashes? I'm a noob.

kellyxbean

Thursday, I've a big event to attend with the hubby. I really want my eyes to look smashing, so I was considering fake lashes. I have a few Qs:

1. I already have super long lashes, even longer with mascara. I don't neccessarily NEED fake lashes, but I think they would be fun. Anyone with long lashes worn 'em?

2. Is cheaper neccessarily worse? The only options I have for buying them are either from the post/base exchange (I live in Okinawa, on a military base) or at a store similar to a 99c store in the USA, but not nearly as trashy/cheap.
clap.gif

3. What sort of glue should be used? Clear glue? Black? I have seen black, but I think it might look clumpy.
ssad.gif

I was going to ask what color ought to be worn with a black evening dress, but I figured it out
winks.gif
Going for the fire look if NYX Orange Chrome and Kryolan Yellow arrive before Thursday... woohoo!

Katura

I have pretty long lashes and I wear hem just for the fun of it and the extra 'oomph' haha, they look amazing!

Cheaper isnt always a bad thing! I bought most of mine from Sally's or CVS (drug store) and they've lasted me up to about 10-12 uses before they become impossible to clean...

And I use Duo glue, I think it's also what comes with MAC lashes, when wet it loks a whiteish yellow color and dries clear and I always put blacktrack F/L over as my liner so the glue line looks totally invisible!

HTH! And I bet you'll look hot! Be sure to post pictures!

maxcat

Search the forums, there's a pretty extensive tutorial on fake lashes in here somewhere...

Uchina

1- Okinawa? Omg the motherland.

2- Half lashes are the easiest to apply. Mac makes a nice, dramatic pair which I love.

Bre

Go clear glue it dries

If you've never used them before you really should do a trial run before the big night cause they can be a bit tricky to apply, you don't want to have to reposition them too much as this will may ruin your eyeshadow. (get a spare pair to practice with as you can get the glue off but it can be a bitch)

IF you need to cut them make sure you snip at the inner lashes as these are the shorter ones but be really careful not to make them too short

Apply from the middle first and then using the handle of an eyeshadow brush gently push the inner and outer end of the lash on

kellyxbean

uchina - the motherland?? LOL. I love it here
smiles.gif

Bre - thank you
greengrin.gif
I will give it a go before I do it for the night... eek.

kimmy

if you can picl up some Ardell lashes, go with those
smiles.gif
Ardell makes lash starter kits that include an application device, false lashes and some glue. i think they're about $5.99 USD, so they're pretty cheap. HTH!

Latest posts