Fake Lipstick? Please help!

MetalCat

I bought the Frost Lipstick Fluid on ebay. Now it received and I am not sure if it is authentic. The colour is nice - although hard to put on, but the lipstick tastes like a crayon - horrible. And on the bottom only the name Fluid is written. Normally Frost should also be written over the name Fluid!? But on this positions are the cities which normally are written in a circle.

Here is the link:
MAC FROST LIPSTICK COLOR FLUID NIB HARD TO FIND NEW!!! bei eBay.de: Lipstick (endet 31.05.08 19:25:52 MESZ)

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalCat
I bought the Frost Lipstick Fluid on ebay. Now it received and I am not sure if it is authentic. The colour is nice - although hard to put on, but the lipstick tastes like a crayon - horrible. And on the bottom only the name Fluid is written. Normally Frost should also be written over the name Fluid!? But on this positions are the cities which normally are written in a circle.

Here is the link:
MAC FROST LIPSTICK COLOR FLUID NIB HARD TO FIND NEW!!! bei eBay.de: Lipstick (endet 31.05.08 19:25:52 MESZ)

I have a lipstick with that packaging. The cardboard box, the same printing on the box and its a satin lipstick, which is not printed on the silver label under the lipstick. My lipstick does smell a bit crayonish BUT it has the vanilla smell as well, like other MAC lipsticks. Maybe because its OLD and expired that's why it smells exactly like crayon.... :S

Here are the pics:

MissDish1.jpg

MissDish2.jpg

MetalCat

Thank you for the picture. My lipstick looks the same! So I am happy it is authentic. But the taste is uuaahhh, just crayon no vanilla
smiles.gif
When were those lipsticks produced? They must be very old .

julie150463

Quote:
Thank you for the picture. My lipstick looks the same! So I am happy it is authentic. But the taste is uuaahhh, just crayon no vanilla
smiles.gif
When were those lipsticks produced? They must be very old .

Can you see the batch code? Xqueeze_me's was A50 so was A - the 1st batch run in 5 - the 5th month 0 - the year 2000

MetalCat

Okay, sorry I am a beginner
smiles.gif

My batch code is A11!! So year 2001? Oh my good is this one old. Is it still to wear? I love my Fafi High Top and it smells so good but now this one is uuaaaghh.

julie150463

Quote:
Okay, sorry I am a beginner
smiles.gif

My batch code is A11!! So year 2001? Oh my good is this one old. Is it still to wear? I love my Fafi High Top and it smells so good but now this one is uuaaaghh.

No need to apologise - we all were beginners one time or another lol
So yes - yours was made Jan 2001. No idea if it's usable
th_dunno.gif
but if you like the colour and can stand the taste - why not?
Just to let you know MAC use the same batch code system on all their products so that should help you in the future
thmbup.gif

Welcome to the board!