Fake M.A.C?? HELP pls pls pls pls :(

cella2466

Hi ladies,

Newbie here...I just joined specktra last night.........

anyways,

Has anyone ever got MAC e/s & pigments from discount.makeup.com?

I have just started getting into M.A.C lately. I have started collecting MAC about 2 weeks ago. So, last week, I found MAC e/s and pigments in discount.makeup.com. Most MAC products are 25% off. e/s for $10.45 and pigments for $14.62. I was so thrilled!!! I ordered 3 e/s, 1 piggie (My 1st piggie!!!) and some other stuffs. Free shipping over $60.

Soo, I got my package today, tried them on and I wasn't very happy with what I got. The e/s seem really dry, texture is also different (I compared it with my Mulch, Humid n Gold Mine I got from MAC store). Then I read some articles here about counterfeit MACs... and I looked at the stickers on the back of the pots.... those are different.. the pots don't look perfect at all. Lids don't close well, piggie's lid seems bigger than the pot (but still close ok)..

I'm not sure if they are fake or not..... Could those imperfections above the reasons why they sell it cheaper or they are just plain FAKE?

I'm so disappointed right now. I thought I got a really good deal..

I hope you ladies can help meeeee...

GlamYOURUs

I'v been sooo tempted to purchase them but always refrained when I hear that they are selling fake MAC. So I don't know what to tell ya. I have mixed feelings about that site because everyone has a story to tell and they are all saying different things. lol

I mean like you said, it could be that the products were damaged and they are selling it less than the retailed price. But that is just a guess. If you don't feel right about them you should return them immediately.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by cella2466
Hi ladies,

Newbie here...I just joined specktra last night.........

Soo, I got my package today, tried them on and I wasn't very happy with what I got. The e/s seem really dry, texture is also different (I compared it with my Mulch, Humid n Gold Mine I got from MAC store). Then I read some articles here about counterfeit MACs... and I looked at the stickers on the back of the pots.... those are different.. the pots don't look perfect at all. Lids don't close well, piggie's lid seems bigger than the pot (but still close ok)..

th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
here!

I never buy MAC on ebay and have personally no experiences with fakes, but what you describe doesn't sound like original MAC
th_dunno.gif

talste

Hi &
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
to Spektra,

I’ve never ordered from discount.makeup before but I find the sure fire way to spot a fake MAC eye shadow is to depot it using the hot iron method.

Run an exacto knife under the lip of the shadow to pop out the plastic well, sit that on a hot iron with baking paper in between to protect until a little melted hole forms in the centre of the plastic. Remove the metal pan from the well by popping a straightened paper clip through the hole to push the pan out, works a treat and is by far the easiest method I have tried.

Ok anyway I have found;

1. The authentic MAC plastic wells melt quicker than the fakes.

2. Authentic MAC metal pans are smooth where as the fakes will have a circular indentation on the pan. This thread goes into more detail http://specktra.net/f257/strange-metal-pans-could-these-e-s-fake-93894/

Pigments; I still have trouble distinguishing the real from fakes so I can’t help you with that one sorry.

Cheers

cella2466

Hi all

thanks for all the reply. I emailed the customer service and sent the package back already. What a bum... I was so excited about Rose Gold piggie that I ordered until I found out that it was fake...
ssad.gif

I'd like to add some indications of fake MAC that I found:
-Sticker on the back of the pot
-4 indents inside the top lid
-Scratched MAC's logo
-glue trace found on the side of pigment's box

Ah.. if only I took pictures of the e/s and pigment before I sent it back..
oh well..
th_dunno.gif