Fake MAC liquid foundations?

Hi all,
Im new to this site so not to sure how it all works. I have been offered some wholesale MAC foundations and have an inkling that they are fake.
Do auth have batchcodes on the bottom? They are studio fix, mineralize satinfinish and select, I use NW20 studio fix myself (which was purchased from MAC) and the bottle writing ect looks the same with the silver writing but the colour is a bit off when swatching on my hand, seller said that was because their one that I was testing was Select not studio fix like mine. I thought the shades would be the same across the board right?
So that and the fact that mine does not have a batchcode and theirs do has me suspicious, does anyone have anytips for me please to find out if theyre genuine or not?
cooldude.gif

redambition

In terms of the shades - these can vary across the different formulations in the range. An NW20 in Select may be a little different to NW20 in Studio Fix.

I can't check batch codes at the moment (not at home), but I'll have a look later tonight. I would assume that foundations would have a batch code - It's needed to identify the time it was made.

Thanks that would be much appreciated! I need to add that these are unboxed, my store bought one only has the batchcode on the box

redambition

Ok - I just checked three different MAC foundations and all of them had the batch code on the primary container (bottle or tube).

Mineralise Satinfinish and Select liquid - pressed into the clear shade label on the bottom (no ink used) and very hard to find and see.
Studio Sculpt: Pressed into the crimp and very hard to read.

I'd advise you to check your Studio Fix again - there would have to be a batch code on it somewhere. If the ones you were shown had an inked batch code then it's not a good sign.

Something else is that the bottle of Select foundation should have a black logo - not a silver one. As far as I am aware the silver logo is particular to the Studio Fix bottles.

BellaItalia1969

Hiya
smiles.gif

Have you swatched the shades?The fakes ones don't have that nice texture or scent that genuine MAC has....
Also i agree with Red,the sticker on the bottom of the bottle of my Mineralize NC40,foundation,has very faint batch code that is not printed on but more like etched on and it is very hard to see.... but it's more visible on the box as it is printed in black ink

[SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0]
%21%21d2io+%21%21%28M%7E$%28KGrHgoH-C0EjlLlu15ZBKON%29dqtV%21%7E%7E_2.JPG
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Hmm interesting, there is A39 etched under the sticker on the mineralize but they are printed in black ink on Select and SFF, my one doesnt have one at all apart from the box which is on the end of the barcode. Also is the printing on the bottle base stickers consistent throughout the ranges? As the font seems different on the bases of each one as well as the spacing. Ive noticed the clear bases are also slightly thicker by approx 1-2mm, is that relevant? Yes only the studio fix bottles have silver font.
Thanks so much!

marusia

There are definitely fakes out there! Be careful. Actually, you can't even buy them wholesale. I buy wholesale MAC (and sell wholesale too), and have only bought 2 foundations so far LOL. They were real, but "lots" of foundation...never real!

We have recently had a massive Earthquake in my city and this is apparently "quake damaged stock" sold at an auction, I wouldnt have thought they would be auctioning damaged goods so soon (EQ happened Sept 4th).....
Re wholeselling foundations, I have been offered genuine MAC from a few different suppliers but never actually bought any before

BellaItalia1969

Hiya Marusia
finger.gif

also when i go to my CCO,there's quite a wide choice of MAC blushers,pigments,eyeshadows but never MAC mascaras or foundation, if they have some on sale the colour choice is very poor!
Hence I buy my Mineralise NC40 from House of Fraser,they have Mac counter and the girls there are very helpful even gave me a sample before i purchased the whole bottle
party.gif