Fake pigment vial!

CROPMOMMY

Holy crap! That's intense information. I'm so glad I'm not in the cosmetic industry. I have a hard enough time telling a diamond from a CZ let alone a fake pigment from something real. Sheesh!

I'm just going to remove these vials. They are more trouble then they are worth. I know (and the seller knows) that this stuff is totally real. However, I'm not up for challenging the world about the validity of the stuff - especially if there are that many fake attempts and sales out there.

There are 17 vials of the true stuff that I'm going to take off. If anyone wants any of it, just let me know. The original seller just wants to clean out her things and doesn't want this stuff back. If you want it - it's yours. I'll even put it on an eBay auction if you want so that you can get feedback in return.

Anyway, thanks Jan for all your help! You've been a star! There are a few others that have been extremely helpful too.

:) CROPMOMMY1

Aevalin

Ok now I'm curious....

I see that cropmommy1 has several vials for sale on Ebay. Most mention that they're samples etc but this one has me curious since I'm new to MAC and honestly don't know much about the Pro line...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/MAC-COSMETICS-MUL...QQcmdZViewItem

Were vials like that sold as a set as she says? And if so why doesn't she say that in the other vial listings - the vials look the same to my uneducated eye.

I wouldn't be ordering anyway - $18 is a wee bit high for me to pay for shipping to Canada.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aevalin
Ok now I'm curious....

I see that cropmommy1 has several vials for sale on Ebay. Most mention that they're samples etc but this one has me curious since I'm new to MAC and honestly don't know much about the Pro line...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/MAC-COSMETICS-MUL...QQcmdZViewItem

Were vials like that sold as a set as she says? And if so why doesn't she say that in the other vial listings - the vials look the same to my uneducated eye.

I wouldn't be ordering anyway - $18 is a wee bit high for me to pay for shipping to Canada.

No! absolutely not. These vials are NOT part of any set sold or distributed by MAC. She may have overlooked amending this listing, and it is my knowledge that she sells these vials second to purchasing them from someone else. It is far more likely that these vials are pigment decanted into generic vials.

Pink Bronze isnt a Pro colour, it in the reg. perm. line too
smiles.gif

Xqueeze_me

She put those back up for sale again just when we told her those vials are NOT DIRECTLY FROM MAC!!??? Ask any other MAC MAs and they'll DEFINITELY say NOT FROM MAC to those "mini-vials" that cropmommy1 is selling.

That's just wrong.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CROPMOMMY
This might be a stupid question but remember, I'm not a MAC person in any way: Can these pigments actually be duplicated?

I've talked with a few people off-line who think it's hilarious that anyone can consider these pigments a fake since it would cost much more money to try and replicate these then they are actually worth. Maybe they don't know all that much about MAC either. However, aren't these dichroic (color changes in different lights)? That seems to me like it would be pretty intense to falsify. However, you guys would know more than I would about this. Just wondering if you have personally ever seen a fake and if they even look close to being real.

That's like saying there are no fake louis vuitton bags because they would take "too much effort" to make lol.

What really raised flags for me is that the auction said that the vials are PART OF A SET. Like a holiday set or something. Then the seller claims they are samples. I can let the whole mini-vial thing fly but the whole claiming that they are full size, part of a set, is just more than a misunderstanding.

I think it's fun when sellers join in on the chats hehehehe

astronaut

I got a PM from the seller:

Quote:
Hi Sacramento Astronaut,
This is CROPMOMMY in Dublin (about 1 1/2 hrs away). Just to let you know - I personally HATE MAC products after this fun filled event. PANDA (Jan) has been helping me list these items on eBay and using the right terminology. I was taking word for word terminology the first time from the original seller (I'm a trading assistant). PANDA's correct, I must have let one of the unedited auctions slip through to eBay. Now I have about 5 left and although they are truly MAC items, I am throwing them in the garbage can because I would never put anything like that on eBay again. No real offense to MAC or people who use it, but when you try to do the right thing and get so much flack, it's just impossible to have a positive image about the stuff.

Hope you enjoy it though.
CROPMOMMY (Michelle)

I find it kind of funny how she emphasizes on my location and hers. "SACRAMENTO astronaut" wtf? As if I should watch my back because she's so close or something. lol

panda0410

Her MAC (what I have seen) is authentic people, just not in original packaging, some items were grouped in non original cases/groups in most cases and not necessarily marketed correctly. However, I have seen pics close up of her pigments and vials and while the vials are NOT mac vials the pigments within them (the ones I have seen at least) ARE mac pigments. This is really sample selling, not counterfeiting.