Fakes from a CCO???

chickatthegym

Has anyone ever purchased fake MAC from a CCO?

The reason I ask is because I bought 3 pigments last week from my CCO in Florida... On 1 of them the printing on the back is totally different than the others! And on that one, the MAC logo is printed lower on the front of the jar than the other two. These were my first pigments so I am confused. Do they make them differently? Has anyone ever seen this? I will upload pics when I get a chance. thanks!

TISH1124

No I have never bought Fakes from the CCO and it seems pretty doubtful..But I guess anything can happen...Even if people return items they cannot resell them at the CCO..they have the same policy as MAC.....I have however bought a few Rejects...meaning ...labels offset...etc...which is normal...no production run is going to have 100% perfect product...there will always be a few off centers etc....and they probably get sent to the CCO's versus trashing them...Hopefully this is what you received.

chickatthegym

Thanks for the reply Tish! I know what you mean about the labels- I have gotten some of those too
smiles.gif
This one is a whole different layout of the writing though- so I was wondering if some of the pigments were printed differently. I will go take a pic since it's hard to explain and I am prob confusing you haha

MissResha

yea i have one MAC reject. its a lipstick. everything is absolutely perfect but the like tish said, the label is offset. it caught me off guard at first, but its no biggie. and yea, i'm curious about your cco purchase..

foxxylatina07

I'm curious about this. I was wondering how you guys go about acquiring MAC makeup rejects? Also do you guys have to pay for them or what? I would like to get access to them too.
th_dunno.gif
Thanks

TISH1124

^^ they are the same price ......There are no discounts ....they just have flaws on the labels...etc....I doubt anyone buys them on purpose..I used to get them when I worked at a Cosmetic manufacturing company ...but they were only given out to employees not the public.

chickatthegym

OK, here is the pic (sorry about the poor lighting in my bedroom).

I looked closer at the labels on the back and one says it was "Made in the USA" and one said "Made in Canada" so maybe that is why they are different?

They 3 pigments are (L to R): Fairy Lite, Kitchmas, Melon. I circled the part that is different... see what I mean?? Has anyone else ever seen this?

3pigments.jpg

MACpigs2.jpg

MACpigs4.jpg

MACpigs1.jpg

MACpigs3.jpg

TISH1124

My Sunnydaze Lot#A66 looks like that and it was bought at MAC...I will try to take a decent picture

chickatthegym

Do you think it's because one was made in the US and one was made in Canada? Strange huh? Is that the only one you have that looks like that and your others are normal?

I don't think it's fake- it seems fine and the pigment is gorgeous. I was just curious if anyone else had seen something like this.

TISH1124

Different manufaturers ...different printing companies...it could be several things...

Here is a Sunnydaze A66 vs Your ladyShip A67 Both bought at MAC
(yes I am a horrible photographer)

pigmentsxx.jpg

pigmentsxxx.jpg

chickatthegym

^ Thanks, I can still tell they are exactly like mine- don't worry about the photos lol... That makes sense. It kinda sux they are tricking us like this...esp for someone like me because I am so bad at telling the diff between fake/real pigments as it is LOL.

panda0410

No people.... the centrally aligned print is NORMAL in some 2006 and pre 2006 jars
greengrin.gif

Almost all pre 2006 jars had this cerntral alignment of print. Some of the pro colours and a few of the mattes didnt, but for the rest they were centrally aligned and this is perfectly fine.

The lower set text is also NORMAL and still happens now. This isnt anything to owrry about either
smiles.gif

TISH1124

I think rule of thumb if they come from a EL/MAC company chances are they are 100% authentic

Panda...we were agreeing...that they are fine

panda0410

Yup, I get you Tish
winks.gif
Was just pointing out that batch dates are important in text aligment. It has nothing to do with where they are made - the text aligment is relative to batch date
winks.gif

TISH1124

Cool!! I guess I never really check mine out because I only buy piggies from MAC or the CCO...but I am seeing alot from the 06 ones are that way

GlitterLids

Hi. I own over 60 authentic (purchased by ME from mac or Macpro.com directly) mac pigments I've colelcted over the last few years and you can' go by the jar print--some are centered, some not, some font is thicker. These things are not telltale saigns of fakes, although some fakes will have "off" printing and aligment when compared to real. Using these criteria to officially determine fakes is difficult. My bet would be that if the items were purchased at a CCO, you are fine. I also just went through an exhaustive experience where I realized I had gotten stuck with a bunch of clever fakes from ebay, so I speak only after hours and hours of research and the great help I found from the knowledgeable ladies here.

The new fakes are getting amazingly good. It takes a well honed eye and often, comparison enxt to the real thing to know for sure. That is why i buy only from the dept. store/mac or from a few select ebayers who buy their pigments from CCOs or Mac and can prove it. it is important to note that i buy on ebay only for pro or rare colors I can't get my paws on locally. IPay top dollar--another sign. Any cheap pigments are 99.99999% fake. $14.99? No way. At best you can pick one up for maybe $20-$25 IF the seller has a pro card, got it for $14 and can sell and make a decent profit. Anyone selling for less that $20 very likely has garbage from the infamous "wholesalers."

I have to say--now, when I peruse ebay, I can spot these fakes and it makes me insane.