Fed UP with lip color feathering!

MAChostage

Is there actually *anything* one can do or buy to solve the problem of lipcolor bleeding/feathering?

alurabella

I dab foundation on my lips before applying my liner. It helps mine to keep from budging! It can be drying, though.

ExquisiteImages

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAChostage
Is there actually *anything* one can do or buy to solve the problem of lipcolor bleeding/feathering?

Have you tried MAC'S Prep + Prime for lips?

glittergoddess27

I use my pot concealer on my lips first and also,... if you are using a lustreglass type more wet glossy lippie,.. and good lipliner,.. and sometimes the Mary Kay lip outlining pencil. Its a clear pencil that you put around the outside of your lips to keep them from bleeding,.. it works pretty well. Isnt waxy or anything just smooth.

MAChostage

Good ideas, ladies! I've done the powder on and around the lips thing but I've never been completely satisfied. And no, I haven't tried MAC's Prep+Prime for lips. Maybe I'll pick some up when I go A Muse shopping on Friday.

user79

I only get feathering on lipstick with dark coloured lipsticks. I'm more a gloss girl myself though. Maybe I will try the prep&prime sometime. What is the consistency like?

devin

mac's prep + prime is good. just take a dab or two and apply it along the outer edges of your lip line so that the lipstick or gloss doesn't feather.

ExquisiteImages

I ordered Clinique's All About Lips, and it just came earlier today. I dabbed it on my lips and just apply lipgloss over it, and it didn't feather nor did it feel sticky because when I wear lipgloss alone, it's sticky and it feathers. I tried it out with lipstick too. If you would like to try it before you buy it, you can go to the Clinique counter and ask them for a sample. I hope that helps also besides the MAC's Prep + Prime for Lips.

bottleblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Maybe I will try the prep&prime sometime. What is the consistency like?

The consistency is a bit drier than regular chapstick and although the smell is an unappealing mixture of the standard MAC vanilla lipstick scent and something vaguely chemical, it really does the job.

Latest posts