fine lines :(

kimmy

i'm 18, but i feel like my skin looks way older
ssad.gif
i smile/laugh ALOT and i have dimples, seems like now i have permanent dimples though because i'm starting to get fine lines where they are, even when i'm not smiling/laughing. i'm having a problem with my makeup creasing in a line from the nostrils to the outer corners of my lips...and that makes me look older as well.

it's really kind of depressing because i've never smoked, i don't drink very often, i haven't spent excessive time in the sun and basically i just can't figure out why i'm having this problem!

sometimes i don't wear anything on my face (even though i should cause i have some redness) because of this problem. when i DO wear makeup on my face, it's usually:
Olay Daily Moisturizer SPF15
MAC Studio Fix Fluid/Physician's Formula Mineral Wear
MAC Bronzer
MAC Powder blush

can anything short of Botox (haha!) fix this?! age defying creams/makeup? i'm desperate!

Kat

I find when my skin starts to get a bit that way, I benefit a LOT from a few totally makeup free days. I wear it everyday during the week for work and love having a clean face on the weekends - i think it does my skin the world of good. And it's kinda liberating not to wear it!

And the experts say drink lots of water and stay out of the sun. The sun thing is especially true where I live (Brisbane, Qld, Australia) because it's way more harsh here than a lot of places in the world. But I see you wear an SPF moisturiser anyway.

Sorry if this is vague, someone else might have some more useful solutions for you!

kimmy

no, no that helps alot! i never even thought of water! i haven't been drinking much water lately cause we're out of bottled and our tap water is disgusting :crap:

i think i'll try drinking more water though
smiles.gif
see if that will help before i go get a whole bunch of anti aging products, i'm kind of afraid that if i use any anti aging stuff it might make my skin too tight and Joan Rivers-ish
lmao.gif

lara

Drink lots of water, first and foremost. Keep your skin hydrated from the inside out, use an appropriate moisturiser, fake bake only and never go anywhere without sunscreen. Stick to that and you'll never preaturely need anti-aging products.

Most people, even those with young and smooth skin, get little creases in their make-up that wildly over-emphasis any dips in the skin, no matter how lightly the make-up is applied. It's just the make-up aging and being moved as you smile, talk, blink, etc. There's nothing a quick rub with a fingertip can't fix.
smiles.gif

Violeta

I don’t have makeup advice but I am good with skincare and ingredients.

First, good job using SPF daily
clap.gif
, this is the only way to make sure that you don’t get too many wrinkles and you can try some vit C serum, you can make it at home really cheap from ascorbic acid crystals. If you need the recipe you can find it on MUA.

I used Olay Complete also but now they introduced chemical sunscreens in it and my skin reacts to it so I can’t ware it anymore
ssad.gif

Latest posts