First Dabblings with Lipstick

thestarsfall

I *rarely* wear lipstick....like...very rarely. I prefer lipgloss or just plain ol' chapstick/lipbalm.

I wish to foray into this wonderful world that is lipstick though. I own some...but its mostly dark stuff that makes me feel like a clown when I wear it (I like playing up my eyes most).

So any recommendations for (relatively) inexpensive lipsticks that are decent for beginner lipstick users?

Preferably sheer/shimmer colours that work with a pale-ish skintone...but if you have any like super hot reds that you think I would like or berrys or wines or whatever...please share those too..

Drugstore brands are preferred since I am a poor student and I have ready access to a drugstore (not a good combo for my bank account haha)..

bellaetoile

i was never a lipstick girl myself, until i started de-potting, and consequently back-to-mac'ing for lipsticks. slowly, i learned to love them, and now i wear it almost daily.

first and foremost, i would recommend investing in mac prep and prime lip. it really helps application, by smoothing and evening out lips, and prolonging wear. second, lipliner is super important. my favorite technique is to prime lips as i described above, and then outline my natural lipline and fill in my lips with a neutral lipliner. this helps by giving a little added color and definition under the lipstick, as well as gives you a second layer of neutral color that will show only if your coat of lipstick wears off. my favorite neutral mac lipliners are whirl and spice, and i find they go under just about EVERY lipstick, without changing the lipstick's own actual color. chapstick can work in a pinch instead of prep and prime lip, but i prefer the real mac thing, and you can get bye with cheaper lipstick and liner if you use a good primer. also, chapstick works worlds better than any other lip balm, because it's still pretty sticky, and not overly glossy and wet (lipstick won't stick to anything overly glossy, oily, wet, etc. for obvious reasons). a drugstore lip liner option is wet'n'wild 666, which i've seen recommended by numerous makeup artists as being a good universal shade, plus, it's only 99 cents. as far as lipsticks go, i find mac to be the best as far as color selection, color payoff, and wearability and longevity. my mom uses l'oreal and maybelline, though, and they work pretty well. nyx and milani lipsticks are decent, too. if you have an ulta or sephora near you, their own brands make good lipsticks in a HUGE array of colors, plus, they offer a great money-back guarantee if you're not happy with the color or quality. hope this helped, some..

Beauty Mark

Milani Lip Sheers (or whatever they're actually called) are good if you don't wear lipstick. I wear Cafe Stop and Halo a lot, and they're not too dark.

thestarsfall

I bought a Rimmen Airy Fairy long lasting listick stuff...(it was on sale
smiles.gif
) and I love it....its not that far off from the lipglosses I wear usually, and it lasts a lot longer...

Latest posts