Fix+?

MAC_Pixie04

Hello. I've heard good things about Fix+ and its amazing ability at keeping make up in place for long periods of time. However, does it work well on oily skin? Like does it increase the shine or anything? I dont wanna buy it until I know if its going to compliment and flatter my skin/make up or hurt my feelings lol

caffn8me

It's not really a fixative like some other products are as it contains no binders but spraying even plain water can help to set some makeups. It's water based and has nothing that's going to make your face look shiny or oily. I love the feel and smell of it - as well as the fact it's got caffeine in it
smiles.gif

pumpkincat210

Fix + is awesome! It smells awesome.. and has caffeine, but i find it makes me look really "healthy". I have oily skin and it soaks in within a minute and feels really refreshing! Lately I've been using it before i put on my make up and it works well.
You can also mix it with pigments or eye shadows to make a bold look for eyeliner, etc.
It does make my eye make up stay on all day! Its cheap and worth the price!

jess98765

its definitely a must have! i love the way it just makes my application process that much easier and makes the outcome so much smoother! if you have oily skin i don't think it's a problem too much- just make sure that if you are applying foundation on, spray fix+ on before application rather than after..
smiles.gif

blueyedlady87

I'm glad you asked Pixie!! I've been wondering that myself since my skin can be oily. I've also found that MACs oil control lotion works great as a primer to keep foundation on longer.

darla

At first I wasn't interested in this since I'm super oily, but after reading I think I might give this a try. I usually use powder foundations and sometimes get a mask-y look if I'm not careful, so maybe this will help.

michelleee67

i just ordered this and i get it on friday so im excited.. i use oil control lotion now and its works pretty decently... but now since im gonna have fix+ should i put that on first then the oil lotion then foundation??... TIA

liquidsirenhoney

this is probably my favorite mac product, i can't live without my fix+, no it doesn't set my make-up all day but i love the smell and the way my face feels after spraying it.

blueyedlady87

I have oily, break-out prone skin. I normally wear Studio Matte, Selct Cover-up, and loose powder. so...
1. Would you recommend Fix +??
2. Would I apply it before/after my foundation routine?

liquidsirenhoney

i apply prep and prime then my foundation, powder and blush then spray it on, i have dry skin...but my skin is easy to break out, occasionally i will apply it before my foundation and i haven't ever had a problem and i have super sensitive skin.

Latest posts