Fix+

MACaddict08

I've been wanting to try this out...but I'm not totally sure what it does? Is it really worth buying or can I get away without it? Thanks!
smiles.gif

d_flawless

it basically "freshens" your foundation and sets it so that it stays on longer while remaining really finished looking...i love it, so i'd try it

katsey

I also like using it to help apply certain eyeshadows, like Swimming. I find it helps hold the colour-if that makes any sense.

firefly

i, surprisingly, really like it. it can be used in numerous ways-to set powder foundation, refresh foundation, as a mixing medium for shadows, and give your skin moisture. its something that i would use on long flights. I have acne prone combo skin, my t-zone can get pretty greasy, but ive had no problems w/ this product making anything worse. its nice because you can spray it on during the day for more moisture w/ out rubbing anything in.

user4

i heard u can use it as a mixing medium... for applying shadows wet... i've actually also been thinking of buying it but i wasnt too sure about spraying something onto my face while i have makeup on. it doesnt make things run?

firefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Beauty
How do you use it with eyeshadows?

i've used it as a mixing medium by spritzing my brush (w/ no shadow on it) up close w/ it, i suppose you could also spritz a bit into your hand and wet the brush that way, or spritzx it on your brush after you dipped it in shadow.

firefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxychika1014
i heard u can use it as a mixing medium... for applying shadows wet... i've actually also been thinking of buying it but i wasnt too sure about spraying something onto my face while i have makeup on. it doesnt make things run?

i never had any problems w/ my m/u running. even if i spray it on heavily. it actually kinda "melts" you mu into your skin, like powder blush looks more natural when i use fix+ over it.

martygreene

basically, it's a spray form rehydrator for your skin, and adds a slightly dewy finish, removing the powdery matte look of a powdered application.

It is not however a makeup fixative, as the name implies. None of its ingredients are such that they would set or fix makeup, the way Final Seal or Model in a Bottle or any of those types of products do.

You can actually make your own homemade fix+ fairly easily, albeit without the caffeine found in it.

bluegrassbabe

OMG, I love this stuff! I use it just as a spritz on the face a few times a day. I have wicked dry skin and it really helps it to feel better. It looks really awesome when spritzed over studio fix as well. It really softens up the harsher matte look of it. It is a must have, IMO, if you are using the lustre formula eyeshadows. I apply shadow to the brush first, then spray Fix+ directly onto the brush. It has cured all the flaking and falling on my face issues I had with lustres.
It won't make your makeup run at all. It just sort of blends in, if that makes sense.

Jeslyn of Doom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
You can actually make your own homemade fix+ fairly easily, albeit without the caffeine found in it.

Oh really? Could you elaborate on that, please?
greengrin.gif

martygreene

Basically, it's:
Spring Water, Glycerine, Cucmber extract, chamomile essential oil, green tea extract, vitamin E, and fragrance. Many of these can be purchased from crafting stores or online sources for making ones own soaps and bath products. Mix up in a spritz bottle, store it in the fridge, and shake it up before using it.

Latest posts