Flawless but without the shine!! Help!

Iridescence

Hey Ladies!!!

So I recently broadened my horizons and ventured into the relm of foundation. So after some thought, I settled on using studio finish matte foundation with spf 8 and studio fix to use over top. Now I absolutely love the way it looks on me. I work in an optical with the oh so dreaded fluorescent lighting! ah! haha but it definitely looks good. After working for a few hours I find that my face feels I guess greasy? and or shiny? Is there anything I can do or get to stop this from happening? I don't want to keep adding the studio fix to get rid of the "shine" after applying it once. I know the foundation is water based but I haven't had the greatest time keeping a clear face.

So ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated and valued!!!!

amy_forster

My 2 favourite products for eliminating shine are blot powder (loose or pressed - pressed for touch ups out and about though!) and matte. Both of them work great for me and should help with your problem. Another option would be blot film but I'm not sure how that is but the reviews seem ok!!!

HTH.

_trimm_trabb

I keep a compact of Cornsilk pressed oil absorbing powder in my purse at all times. It's colorless so you don't have to worry about applying it perfectly, you just grab the sponge and blot your forehead/t-zone when it starts to get oily or greasy. I loooove it and it's about 5 bucks a compact. Lots of brands make this type of translucent powder, including many drugstore brands. Personally it's something I don't think you really need to pay MAC prices for! But that's just my 2 cents.
winks.gif

vivaXglamlove

i have a really oily t-zone/cheeks I use matte gel then studio fix fluid then blot powder.
For touch ups i use Oil Absorbing Sheets during the day.

gingerbelle

Laugh me out of town, but as someone who has the oiliest skin I've ever come across, my miracle product is Milk of Magnesia!
Sounds weird, but there's something in it that absorbs oil like nobody's business. Get the plain, unflavored MoM and apply a light layer with a cotton ball as a makeup primer. Let it dry and put foundation on top. Sounds weird but it really works beter than anything else.
I use Paula's Choice products and at 34 have the best skin I've EVER had.
Here's my routine;

Wash with Skin Balacing Cleanser (for oily skin)
Apply 2% BHA liquid. Let dry.
Apply a thin layer of MoM. Let dry. In the middle of summer, I'll apply a 2nd thin layer, making sure both dry completely before moving on.
Apply foundation. I swear by Prescriptives Virtual Matte.
Apply a thin layer of MAC blot powder.

Around 1pm, I use blotting papers and touch up with blot powder and my face is fresh again. BTW, NEVER touch up without blotting first with blot paper or even tissue.

Also, if you have sensitive skin, use an oil cleanser (sounds weird, I know) to make sure that you remove all makeup at night. I never believed it, but I use DHC Cleansing Oil at night to remove my makeup and between that and the 2% BHA, I hardly ever have breakouts.

Visit the skincare board on MUA for more info on these products/routines. Since I started using MUA recommendations, my skin has never looked better. I knew about the MoM before them, but they got me hooked on Paula's Choice skincare and DHC Cleansing Oil.

duch3ss25

milk of magnesia? wow, i'd never thought of that. but then again, i'd never thought of using monistat anti-chafing gel on my face either (kudos to specktra, yay!) i'll sure try this one too since i have extremely oily skin. thx for the tip, gingerbelle!!

for iridescence q, i use an alcohol-based toner first. then i put oil-control lotion, face primer then my foundation. after all that, i dust my face w/ loose powder or my new fave, natural msf. these seem quite too much to pile on my face but the routine works at least for me!

bellaetoile

MAC matte gel. it doesn't affect your makeup, and you can smooth the gel onto your face. it gets rid of shine, and prolongs the flawless look.

oddinary

Sorry to the OP, I have some questions.... can somebody help me?
smiles.gif

For absolutely no makeup days, can I just wear the matte gel and a spritz or two of Fix+ to keep a flawless look all day? I have EXTREMELY oily skin, especially in the t-zone.

ebonyannette

I tried that and it didnt work for me, i guess it depends on your skin type. I would love to hear non-make up recs too.

My best friend used to use Noxema instead of make up and she had the prettiest skin, most of it is genetics but she would dab on Noxema, rub it in and thats all she would put on her face all day and she stayed matte, we are both dark skin african american and it didnt make her look ashy or anything.
I cant use it because its too hard on my sensitive/oily skin. Its the pitts to have this kind of skin anything too harsh breaks me out and anything too soft doesnt do crap.

Latest posts