For a No-Makeup Woman

cno64

What do you all suggest as a gift for a friend of mine?She is of Greek ancestry, and has olive skin, brown hair, and brown eyes. She is very busy, as a mother of two teenagers, and with her career as a teacher.
She has a very casual no-fuss style that doesn't include makeup, but I think she'd love MAC if she were introduced to it.
So I was thinking of giving her, for Christmas or for her birthday, something simple like a lipstick.
Which one do you all recommend?

Glitziegal

I would recommend Viva Glam V Lipglass or Lipstick. It is subtle.....kind of your lips but better. So no need to keep reapplying etc as it isn't noticable as it wears off.
Mascara is great too. Not necessarily MAC, but once she sees what a difference it makes she will be hooked
smiles.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitziegal
I would recommend Viva Glam V Lipglass or Lipstick. It is subtle.....kind of your lips but better. So no need to keep reapplying etc as it isn't noticable as it wears off.
Mascara is great too. Not necessarily MAC, but once she sees what a difference it makes she will be hooked
smiles.gif

I'll have to look at VG V, since I'm not familiar with it.

Calhoune

Definately mascara, as Gliziegal mentioned. Maybe a one with a curling effect, since curlers might be too much in the morning, for me atleast.

And also a subtle blush, I have a bit darker skin then olive but I find blushes that go in bronze or plum are great. (My current favourite is Ambering Bronze)

When I'm short on time is just put on a coat of mascara and some blush and I'm good to go, it makes so much difference.
Also since she's a teacher I guess things that are neutral/subtle in color.

maxcat

If she's really makeup adverse or just wants to know what she can do inside of five minutes it might be best to book her an appointment at Nordstroms or something when she can spend the money after.
My "mommy kit" consists of tinted moisturizer, concealer, porcelain pink msf or similar blusher/bronzer, mascara and tinted lip conditioner. Kerblam, they're done.

Beauty Mark

Lipgloss or an easy to wear eyeliner. Lipgloss isn't too strong in color and eyeliner is fairly simple to apply.

I wouldn't go with blush, powder, or foundation, because those are things you need to match more than lipstick (colors tend to be suiitable for a wider range.)

Another option would be some sort of nice treatment. I know you're focused on makeup, but the woman may just enjoy a nice pedicure or manicure or (if money isn't an issue) a facial

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
Lipgloss or an easy to wear eyeliner. Lipgloss isn't too strong in color and eyeliner is fairly simple to apply.

I wouldn't go with blush, powder, or foundation, because those are things you need to match more than lipstick (colors tend to be suiitable for a wider range.)

Another option would be some sort of nice treatment. I know you're focused on makeup, but the woman may just enjoy a nice pedicure or manicure or (if money isn't an issue) a facial

I was thinking lipstick, because 1)It's quick and easy to apply, 2)My friend used to wear it occasionally, in her pre-motherhood days, and 3)Lipstick has "instant face-brightening" potential, and my friend has a tendency to look a bit drab and tired(probably because she is tired).
I may just go somewhere and get her some extra-nice lotion.

Latest posts