For those who've bought Culturebloom items..

BlahWah

...is there any one eyeshadow you'd say to pick up first? Or perhaps the Violet Underground eye khol instead? I have a makeover booked but it's 2 weeks away (with a store event) and I just got my tips - I'd like to get one thing tonight!
fluffy.gif

Thanks in advance!
wavey.gif

Shawna

Botanical is my favorite of the collection, but overgrown is growing on me. I got lavender sky too, but haven't used it yet. I guess it depends on what colours you like, but I'm going to get a botanical backup for sure
smiles.gif

Isis

If anything, Botanical or Overgrown. (I know that was 2
smiles.gif
)

Iris print is just like NARS Strada.
Lavander Sky is just a hair off from being Stars N Rockets.
Love-Bud's texture is aweful!
Spring Up is great though if you can wear yellows.

BlahWah

*lol* I was actually trying to decide b/w Botanical or Overgrown. Botanical looks awesome in Pushpa's FOTD! And Overgrown's soooo different from what I have, such an unusual and unique colour.

Thanks for the breakdown, Isis. I was thinking the same about Lovebud, and you've helped me strike it off the list!

Any other thoughts? The draw is now between Botanical, Overgrown and Violet Underground eye khol (no comments on this yet)...thanks muchly!
th_wink3.gif

d_flawless

i'd say go with the overgrown shadow...i think botanical is not all that exciting and i personally dislike the shade of the kohl...

Ms. Z

Botanical, but considering how quickly Lucky Green sold out, you might want to get that one.

Shawna

Botanical is a lustre, but I hate lustres, and this is not like any of the other lustres I have tried. It goes on really smooth and blends like a dream. Not chunky or glittery at all
smiles.gif
Oh, lovebud sucks that way. It is your typical lustre, all chunky and glittery, plus the colour looked like vomit on me. Just my opinion though.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLoves2Shop
Botanical, but considering how quickly Lucky Green sold out, you might want to get that one.

Doh! They'd keep some stock for an event, though, yah? Then I can save Overgrown for my makeover, cuz I'm not sure how to use it! *crossing fingers*

And thanks again for the replies so far!

MissMisah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
Doh! They'd keep some stock for an event, though, yah? Then I can save Overgrown for my makeover, cuz I'm not sure how to use it! *crossing fingers*

And thanks again for the replies so far!

im not sure about other counters...but there was this one time i signed up for a makeover for a specific event. soo i held off on getting eyeshadows because im all...ehh, im going to the event for it. when it came time for my makeover...THEY SOLD OUT OF EVERYTHING!! that sucked a lot...
ssad.gif

blueyedlady87

I did a look using Say Yeah, Coppering, Goldmine, and Lovebud the other day and it was gorgeous. I normally hate lustres, but I actually like Love Bud alot.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisah
im not sure about other counters...but there was this one time i signed up for a makeover for a specific event. soo i held off on getting eyeshadows because im all...ehh, im going to the event for it. when it came time for my makeover...THEY SOLD OUT OF EVERYTHING!! that sucked a lot...
ssad.gif

That's such a bugger! Wow, now I'm worried...maybe I should get everything over this week...eep! I'll ask them today, hopefully they can reassure me enough!

BlahWah

Update:

I got Botanical and the MA convinced me to get Budding l/g. Veeeery different from the neutrals I usually get! The MA also said they've kept stock aside for the event, so I should be okay...*fingers still crossed*

Thanks all for your helpful comments!

Isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
Thanks for the breakdown, Isis. I was thinking the same about Lovebud, and you've helped me strike it off the list!

Any other thoughts? The draw is now between Botanical, Overgrown and Violet Underground eye khol (no comments on this yet)...thanks muchly!
th_wink3.gif

Sure thing! I'm glad it helped you out
smiles.gif

I'm definitely taking Lavander Sky, Love-Bud, & Spring Up back. They're just not at all worth keeping.

Violet Underground really reminds me of the NARS eyeliner in Manon.

mspixieears

I only chose to get 2 e/s - Botanical & Iris Print. Lovebud is unlikely to work on me, seeing as Say, Yeah! didn't & Sunday Best serves a similar purpose for me.

I would've loved to get the eye kohl except that they smudge like hell so I sadly avoid them like the plague.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
I only chose to get 2 e/s - Botanical & Iris Print. Lovebud is unlikely to work on me, seeing as Say, Yeah! didn't & Sunday Best serves a similar purpose for me.

I would've loved to get the eye kohl except that they smudge like hell so I sadly avoid them like the plague.

I think I'll only get one more e/s, most likely Overgrown. I'm hoping Orange Tangent, Melon and Sunplosion will be enough on the sunny side for me.

Thanks for your input on the eye khol! It's still an item on my list - the colours so pretty, and it's cheaper than Nars (but thanks, Isis!) - but much lower. Even some WP mascara smudges on me, so that eye khol might be some gothic stuff on me. *lol*

MAC_Pixie04

overgrown is bitter without the flecks, i find very little difference in them except for the sparkle. i really like lavender sky and iris print, but i'm struggling with getting them to show up on me, however i'm darkskinned and that has a lot to do with it. i didnt like love bud at all. it was chunky and gross (typical lustre blah) and the violet underground eyekohl is pretty if you can wear eye kohls. i cant do eye kohls, i have bad allergies and i'm a big ball of emotions, so my eyes tear up and i cry a lot and I rub my eyes and then my eye kohl is GONE. so if you want the color and the durability, non conformist fluidline with lavender sky over it is a good sub.

Pink_minx

I have to say botanical is my favorite out of the rest. Its a very versatile color and its so pretty too.

user2

Is Botanical really that Sensualize-ish?
I hoped that it would have been a grey version of it!
ssad.gif

Latest posts