Foundation and Other Help

macchild

I am new to wearing makeup and am in need of a good foundation. I am rather "dark" and it is becomming hard for me to find a foundation that matches my skin tone without making me looking dead/mourgeish. I would like a foundation with good coverage that gives the effect of flawless skin.

I would also like to know what kind of eyeshawdow&lipstick colors would work best with me and which ones I should stay away from. Thankyou so much for you help in advance. By the way im a (newbie)<3

This is me (wearing no foundation )
kd.jpg
and my skin color is basically the same in person.

Hikaru-chan

Why don't you try Giorgio Armani Liquid Silk or Matte silk coverage is great on both but one's glowy and the other is matte. Not sure if the shade's go up that dark. I was advised these by Onederland and Janice so maybe they could help you too.
As for e/s and l/s colors you should check out the Belle Azure collection as it as some lovely color for darker skin.

Janice

omg, you are adooooooooorable!!

I love GA foundations they are $$$ but worth it IMO. You should head up to your local Nordstroms or department store and check out the diff lines and the foundations they offer. It's really the best way to find a foundation that's perfect for you. After Armani I love Stila Illuminating Liquid Foundation, Stila Tinted Moisturizer, and Stila's Illuminating Powder Foundation. The line has great choices for women with dark skin tones.

After you check out the foundations I totally want you to go to MAC and grab a few eyeshadows like:

Chrome Yellow
D' Bohemia
electric eel
parfait amour

haha like ALL the BRIGHT ass colors you can find cause you would look HOT in them.
greengrin.gif

macchild

umm... omgod im so in love with you. how about we have sex and make little african babies. <3 ( just alittle joking ). I do love you though. _MUAH.

Janice

greengrin.gif
:loveya:

I just read your PM!

You know what might be best is booking an appointment @ your local MAC counter. That way you can try out both the foundations your interested in in one sitting (and maybe some others the MA might want you to?) and also have eyeshadows and lipsticks suggested. The MA's there are also VERY helpful with techniques like contouring.

At most counters it doesn't cost anything, but I have heard some people having to pay a small fee which might or might not be redeemable in product. So call your counters first and make sure of the specifics before you go.

You should arrive at your appt bare faced, just moisturize before you head up there.
smiles.gif

I've also moved your thread to the reccomendations forum so you can get more replies.
smiles.gif

I WANT YOU TO LOOK AT THIS!

http://www.i-shadow.net/html/issue03/feature/index.htm

Janice

You can't view (or even buy) the shades/formulas anywhere online.
ssad.gif
They only have select location throughout the US so the best thing you can do is call your local Saks and see if they have an Armani counter there or one in FL period.

Alot of people order it via phone from Saks, but that's a bitch b/c you're ordering it blind.
ssad.gif