Foundation for my kit? HELP!!

terri

I am just starting my new kit, I have my pro card for Mac and Make-up forever. How many foundations and concealers should I start with and what colors/brands would you recommend, perferably from either of these two brands and why?
I'm thinking of Face and Body from Mac, I'm also interested in Studio fix foundation and/or powder. I do mainly weddings and special events but I would like to be prepared for TV and photography. I don't do many dark ethnic skin types but I would like to be prepared if I did.
What kind of foundation would be recommended for mixing to achieve different skin tones so I don't have to buy them all at first?
Please help I would like to start with maybe 5 foundations but color choose is becoming hard.
Thanks for your help
Terri

Bootyliciousx

RCMA- The Shinto pallete has all shades and they also have a KO pallete. They cost 40 dollars each with various colors. The big pallets cause 150 dollars. Check Cinemasecrets.com
Cinema Secrets- they have a pallete. A lot of industry people use this.
Mac Face and Body Foundation - the coverage is amazing and its really sheer. Covers really well.

I like Prescriptives Foundation. Hope that Helps.

kimmy

i'd say MAC Studio Fix Fluid, it gives really good coverage. if your client already has great skin, you can apply it with a spnge for a really sheer effect or you can apply it with a brush and get full coverage
winks.gif

umm..i'm not sure what shades to start off with, but make sure you get both warm AND cool toned foundations
smiles.gif
maybe NW15, NC25, NC44 and NW50? and then you can mix those to get medium shades to fit each client individually. or maybe even ask your MA if you can have samples of each of the shades?

Bootyliciousx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumtingSweet
I'm all for the RCMA palettes...I have both the Shinto and KO. Graftobian's Hi-Def foundations are awesome too!! This site is great to get 'em at...free shipping too!:http://www.camerareadycosmetics.com/products.php?cat=26

How is the coverage of Graftobian Hi-Def foundation comparing to RCMA and Ciema Secrets and the lasting abilty? It is cool they finnally have an Chart of Mac foundations.
smiles.gif

Latest posts