Foundation help

Beauty Mark

MAC Select SPF 15 broke me out completely (and makes my skin look like an oil slick after awhile), and I usually have clear skin. It seems like MAC foundation is a problem among my friends. What foundation do you recommend for someone who has normal/combo skin and is Asian? Thanks
smiles.gif

I prefer liquid, but I would try a creme as well

stellarx1587

I'd recommend WATER PERFECT SMOOTHING WATER-IN FLUID FOUNDATION by Shu Uemura. It provides medium coverage w/ a smooth matte finish. It has lil mirco-powders in it. Similar to the new Studio Mists that are coming out... just w/o the mist. It's also made with deep sea water. No weird chemicals.

saraa_b

I also had the same problem with MAC Select SPF 15...

I used to have gorgous skin

now I can't stop breaking out!
ssad.gif

Simply Elegant

MAC foundations do have some irritants that are comodogenic and can irritate any imperfections that you already have. I used to have the occasional blemish but it got worse when I started using MAC foundations. I started clearing up right away within a few days of using Physician's Formula mineral wear foundation. It's cheap but works better for me anyway. I'd also recommend a Makeup Forever foundation. I can't remember what the MA used on my skin but it looked flawless.

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
MAC foundations do have some irritants that are comodogenic and can irritate any imperfections that you already have. I used to have the occasional blemish but it got worse when I started using MAC foundations. I started clearing up right away within a few days of using Physician's Formula mineral wear foundation. It's cheap but works better for me anyway. I'd also recommend a Makeup Forever foundation. I can't remember what the MA used on my skin but it looked flawless.

do you know if Clinique's foundations are any good?

Simply Elegant

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan

I've only tried one of them and didn't really like it. It was a powder foundation and I find the colours are quite orange but it didn't make me break out though.

http://www.clearskin.net/acne/module...rtid=22&page=1
I find that site helps and just choose products that don't have those things in them.

Bre

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan

I absolutely love Clinique foundation, I use Superbalance, it's oil-free and stays on forever, the coverage is also really good. Over the years I stray from it every now and then but always go back and am always glad when I do. It's the only Clinique product I'll put on my face though I find there skin care range really irritates my skin - I think they must put a lot of alcohol in it

Simply Elegant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bre
I absolutely love Clinique foundation, I use Superbalance, it's oil-free and stays on forever, the coverage is also really good. Over the years I stray from it every now and then but always go back and am always glad when I do. It's the only Clinique product I'll put on my face though I find there skin care range really irritates my skin - I think they must put a lot of alcohol in it

I find that the skincare products work great and I have sensitive skin. I use the level 2 products though, and they're a lot less irritating.

Latest posts