Foundation help

__macislove

Hi all! I'm new to the site forums (although I have been lurking for quite some time) and I was wondering if any of you could recommend a good foundation for me.

I've been using the studio fix spf 15 fluid, it didn't break me out TOO much when I started using it, but now I have alot of zits going on and I'm pretty sure it's from my foundation.
weeping.gif
I also recently bought strobe cream and the studio fix tends to make my skin look more matte when I want a dewy-glow from the strobe cream. I did a live chat with a MA and she said to try a different brand of MAC foundation, but I want to stay away from MAC since that's whats causing all these breakouts. So do any of you have a recommendation for a foundation that doesnt have a matte finish - but gives nice even coverage? Thanks in advance!
smiles.gif

Shawna

I love Make up for ever foundations. The mat velvet has just been reformulated, but I loved the old version. I haven't had a chance to try the new one, but am dying to. Their face and body is really nice and so is their liquid lift foundation. I think if you want a satin finish, the face and body would be the best for you, but when I want a more dewy finish to the mat velvet, I just add a bit of highlighter to it before applying it to the face. If you mixed it with strobe cream, it would probably give you the look you want. Good luck
smiles.gif

Kiseki

Hmm, I also LOVE Make Up Forever foundations, I also love Dior's Spray foundation and the powder compact one, I think it's Dior Skin Flash and I have sensitive skin and it hasn't made me break out.

martygreene

I too suggest trying MUFE, there are now two versions of the matte velvet, as Shawna mentioned, but it sounds like you're looking for something more natural? I might suggest trying the Lift foundation from MUFE. I also might suggest trying Stila foundations. The Illuminating formula is quite nice, and can be thinned down with a little moisturizer if you want sheerer coverage. Also good for a natural skin healthy glow without being overly dewy or matte are Laura Mercier's foundations (not the matte forumla, of course). Her tinted moisturizer is particularly nice, it's got more pigment than most tinted moisturizer, layers nicely, and gives a natural skin finish.

Kiseki

Make Up Forever's Mat Velvet (regular formulation, the new one is Called Mat Velvet + and has heavier coverage) doesn't look very natural to me. You can always dilute a bit with an oil free moisturizer or a stop shine makeup base, but being a matte finish foundation, you can tell that the person is wearing foundation.

Everyone raves LM Tinted Moisturizer, I have to buy that.