Foundation - Please Help (my fair ladies!!)

Wattage

I am at a loss. I cannot find a foundation light enough for me. I thought the studio fix fluid NC15 was but I went outside and no - too dark.
I have been using Clarins True Comfort in 03 for a while now and while its ok, its not pefect.
Is there anyone else out there who is as light and fair skinned as I am? I am talking like Nicole Kidman skin. I am so light - it's depressing!

I would love some recs for very light foundation colours and brands!

TIA

smiles.gif

I'm not sure how much you are willing to spend, but I just bought Lancome's Color ID ($33 US Dollars), which has a pretty good selection of colors. It has a pretty sheer coverage, so it has a nice natural finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattage
I am at a loss. I cannot find a foundation light enough for me. I thought the studio fix fluid NC15 was but I went outside and no - too dark.
I have been using Clarins True Comfort in 03 for a while now and while its ok, its not pefect.
Is there anyone else out there who is as light and fair skinned as I am? I am talking like Nicole Kidman skin. I am so light - it's depressing!

I would love some recs for very light foundation colours and brands!

TIA

smiles.gif

Wattage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpd1saster
I'm not sure how much you are willing to spend, but I just bought Lancome's Color ID ($33 US Dollars), which has a pretty good selection of colors. It has a pretty sheer coverage, so it has a nice natural finish.

That's not too bad as I am paying 36 CDN for the Clarins. Thanks for the rec! I will stop by my Lancome counter this week!

Thanks again
smiles.gif

syren

How are you able to wear 03 in Clarins?! I loved one of their foundations, I can't remember which one, but the lightest was 02 and it was just too dark. I wear NC15 in the couple MAC products I've tried, and it may be a half shade too dark, but it isn't too bad overall. Maybe I need to go check out True Comfort tomorrow.
smiles.gif

If you live near a Neiman Marcus, you could see if they have the Kevyn Aucoin line. I used 004 (I think that was the number anyway), so if you checked out 1-3 one of them should be light enough. It does take some work to get used to using and it has a lot of coverage. Caveat: it made me break out, so I stopped using it. It's also really yellow, which is great for me, but you sound like you're very pale with pink undertones?

Wattage

Quote:
Originally Posted by syren
How are you able to wear 03 in Clarins?! I loved one of their foundations, I can't remember which one, but the lightest was 02 and it was just too dark. I wear NC15 in the couple MAC products I've tried, and it may be a half shade too dark, but it isn't too bad overall. Maybe I need to go check out True Comfort tomorrow.
smiles.gif

If you live near a Neiman Marcus, you could see if they have the Kevyn Aucoin line. I used 004 (I think that was the number anyway), so if you checked out 1-3 one of them should be light enough. It does take some work to get used to using and it has a lot of coverage. Caveat: it made me break out, so I stopped using it. It's also really yellow, which is great for me, but you sound like you're very pale with pink undertones?

I think the reason I can pull off the clarins in 03 is because it is quite sheer and not matte... seems that this combination makes it a little less detectable! It looks ok but I really dont like it when my face is like three shades darker than my neck! LOL - major no no!

I am def. pale with pink UT. I dont live in the states so I wont be able to check out those brands anytime too soon but I do appreciate the recs! I will keep my eye out next time I am down that way!

Thanks!
smiles.gif

Winthrop44

Trish McEvoy Even Skin might be another one to try. I am very fair, too light for any of the Lancome shades (but with yellow undertones) and wear #2. It is very sheer.

Shawna

I'm very fair too, so I find that using a sheer foundation works better. If you're in Vancouver, try the Stila Illuminating foundation which is really sheer coverage with a nice healthy glow to it. Hotlt Renfrew carries it. http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...ego ryId=3865 or try MAC sheer select tint. I find that the sheer stuff is a better match. I am waiting right now for my BE foundation to arrive and I'll let you know how that goes.

Jess-ee-ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna
I'm very fair too, so I find that using a sheer foundation works better. If you're in Vancouver, try the Stila Illuminating foundation which is really sheer coverage with a nice healthy glow to it. Hotlt Renfrew carries it. http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...ego ryId=3865 or try MAC sheer select tint. I find that the sheer stuff is a better match. I am waiting right now for my BE foundation to arrive and I'll let you know how that goes.

Yes I was going to suggest Stila too. I wear the MAC Hyper Reel foundation in NW100 and find it a bit dark as well. So I mix it with the Strobe Cream so its sheerer and lighter coverage. I had a makeover at Stila and the MA used Illuminating Foundation in 10 Watts I think. I want to go pick some up now. It looked great.

foreveratorifan

Go to Prescriptives and get them to custom blend you a foundation! its truly the ONLY perfect match I've ever found! (i'm UBBER pale as well...seriously AND i have pink undertones that's hard to match normally anyway).

It's like $65 but its TOTALLY worth it and the first foundation I actually used all up!
smiles.gif

Wattage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess-ee-ka
Yes I was going to suggest Stila too. I wear the MAC Hyper Reel foundation in NW100 and find it a bit dark as well. So I mix it with the Strobe Cream so its sheerer and lighter coverage. I had a makeover at Stila and the MA used Illuminating Foundation in 10 Watts I think. I want to go pick some up now. It looked great.

That sounds great! Thanks for the rec on the Stila... I will def. venture down there soon and check it out!

Wattage

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreveratorifan
Go to Prescriptives and get them to custom blend you a foundation! its truly the ONLY perfect match I've ever found! (i'm UBBER pale as well...seriously AND i have pink undertones that's hard to match normally anyway).

It's like $65 but its TOTALLY worth it and the first foundation I actually used all up!
smiles.gif

This sounds awesome. I think I will go check it out at least... I don't mind shelling out the extra cash for something of exceptional quality.

Thanks!
smiles.gif

mspixieears

It's fairly expensive, but Becca has just about every skintone, and they go down to very pale. My gosh, they have a shade for just about everyone, seriously. It's an ace brand.

Latest posts