foundation shade

noahlowryfan

if your face and neck are two totally different colors, do you want to find a shade that matches your neck so that it wouldn't look like you're wearing a mask.

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
I'd go for the colour of my face.

my neck is more lighter than my face. and if i match it with my face, it would look like i am wearing a mask.

Beauty Mark

Is it that noticeable? Most people aren't going to be the same shade all over.

I would ask a MA, but you're supposed to match foundation to your jawline. If you think that's too much of a difference, I'd go for a color halfway between your neck color and your face color.

Cyn

I have the same problem, most MA's match it to my face, and I hate it, even though I tell them that my neck is much lighter and I want to fix that part.

I like the idea of something in between, because I am approximately NC20 on my neck and between NC25-30 on my jawline.

Sanne

I think you have 3 options when there's so much dolor difference:
option 1 is: you can use a sheer but buildable foundation, so it will do enough for you face, and it slightly changes the color of your neck too, but since it's sheer, it won't look weird.
option 2 is: you can use a foundation just on the skin that needs it, like the t-zone and the cheeks, and don't use any on your jawline.
but this is only an option when you have allmost clear skin.
the 3rd options may sound a bit weird, but it worked great for mu MIL: she used a daily moisturizer with build up tan, like olay's everyday sunshine. the first few days she used it ONLY on her neck, and the is now using it on both her face and her neck. her neck and her face are the same color now
smiles.gif
but you need to keep using it, or the effect will be gone in a week.

Cyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne
I think you have 3 options when there's so much dolor difference:
option 1 is: you can use a sheer but buildable foundation, so it will do enough for you face, and it slightly changes the color of your neck too, but since it's sheer, it won't look weird.
option 2 is: you can use a foundation just on the skin that needs it, like the t-zone and the cheeks, and don't use any on your jawline.
but this is only an option when you have allmost clear skin.
the 3rd options may sound a bit weird, but it worked great for mu MIL: she used a daily moisturizer with build up tan, like olay's everyday sunshine. the first few days she used it ONLY on her neck, and the is now using it on both her face and her neck. her neck and her face are the same color now
smiles.gif
but you need to keep using it, or the effect will be gone in a week.

I like the self-tanner idea, I tried it but I think I used a color that was too dark or the wrong kind because I was getting a little orange and so I stopped using it. I might try it again, but only use it every other day.

Sanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyn
I like the self-tanner idea, I tried it but I think I used a color that was too dark or the wrong kind because I was getting a little orange and so I stopped using it. I might try it again, but only use it every other day.

I was so scared of the orange color as well, but I didn't had that problem with olay's everyday sunshine. there are two colors: one for fair skin and one for tanned/tinted skin. if you use the first one, you won't go orange, promiss!!

Latest posts