foundation streaking!? help meeee!

kimmy

so, i use oil of olay daily moisturizer spf 15 and origins next of skin foundation. but seems to me that by the end of the day, my foundation starts to show subtle streaks. i'm wondering if this is because of the moisturizer? or what else it could be from? and how do i fix it? i always set the foundation with powder...i thought that would eliminate the problem, but it didn't
ssad.gif

kimmy

yeah, i've been using this same foundation for a few months now
smiles.gif
i have kind of oily skin, not WAY oily, but a little oilier than normal skin types
greengrin.gif

Wattage

What are you using to apply? I find that with certain foundations the 190 can cause my foundation to streak by the end of the day if I don't buff...

lara

Perhaps you're overloading your brush with product - obvious overloading will cause obvious streaking, but subtle overloading will cause streaking that will start to really show by the end of the day.

It also could be that you're touching your face too much over the course of a day, causing the product to move.

luminious

i notice when i use the 190 applying my foundation, it streaks until i use a kabuki brush to blend it all in.

Renee

When I use my foundation brush, I try not to "paint" with an up and down motion. More of a patting after I have done the up and down motion. It takes away the appearance of the streaks. HTH

Vedra

I know from experience the Oil of Olay moisturizer contains loads of silicone, feels very silky but kind of closes the skin up. When I used it (got mixed to oily skin) my liquid foundation did not melt in, but stayed as separate layer on top, and during the day (despite setting it with powder) that caused streaks too. With my new moisturizer, I don't have this problem at all. You could try to use much less of the moisturizer, or find one that contains less or no silicone ('cause normally that's in the foundation too, so it will optically smooth out imperfections anyway).

hth!
smiles.gif

Vedra

kimmy

i'm using a sponge to apply it because it's a liquid foundation and i have no foundation brush
winks.gif

i'll try using a little less moisturizer and see if maybe that helps. thanks ladies!

neotrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ANTHEM
i'll try using a little less moisturizer and see if maybe that helps. thanks ladies!

Yeah, it should solve the problem.
smiles.gif

I think the moisturizer that contains oil or a gel type primer may cause foundation streakings, as they did on my skin when I was using them. My skin type is combination, by the way.
winks.gif

Jennifer Mcfly

I was going to say try using a little less moisturizer. I use the same stuff as you (Olay) and I use maybe a dime size dallop of moisturizer.
If you want a foundation brush, Sonia Kashuk's one is great, it's about $10 and I love it.

tiramisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedra
I know from experience the Oil of Olay moisturizer contains loads of silicone, feels very silky but kind of closes the skin up. When I used it (got mixed to oily skin) my liquid foundation did not melt in, but stayed as separate layer on top, and during the day (despite setting it with powder) that caused streaks too. With my new moisturizer, I don't have this problem at all. You could try to use much less of the moisturizer, or find one that contains less or no silicone ('cause normally that's in the foundation too, so it will optically smooth out imperfections anyway).

hth!
smiles.gif

Vedra

OMG!! This is why I have been having this problem! Thanks for the enlightenment Vedra. I have been wondering what the H*ll was going on lately with my streaking issue and I have been recently using Olay moisturizer. That's what my problem has been. squee!:hump: (off to purchase diff moisturizer!)

Latest posts