foundation?

prppygrl69

ok you guys if youve seen my fotds you might know what im talking about.i heard if you use a foundation with spf in it,itll wash your face out in pictures cuz of the flash,and i think that's what mine is doing.if you've noticed,which i'm sure you have lol.any recommendations?and is this true?if it is im deff. switching my foundation.but it has awesome coverage and STAYS!!! :-( i dunno what to do....help! pwease?

mspixieears

I recall that the 'wash-out' look is due to the amount of titanium dioxide present in sun protection products or foundation, moisturiser etc. Perhaps if you found one with smaller amounts or one that didn't have sun protection in it, it would help this? Or even wearing a moisturiser w/ SPF protection underneath foundation w/o SPF? Sadly, I can't suggest specific products.

rouquinne

i've never heard that. most sunscreens don't contain enough titanium dioxide to give you that Commander Data look anyway. even the new versions - Coppertone Spectra - are micronized, so you don't get that geisha makeup effect.

in the winter, i like Dove Daily Essentials moisturizer with spf 15 and the rest of the year, Olay Daily Defence spf 30.

lovejam

I know exactly what you mean.

What I do is I use Dermalogica's Solar Defense Booster with my moisturizer, and then I just do concealer and powder most days. When I do wear foundation, I use Biotherm Sense Matte, which has SPF but I don't notice any chalkiness with it. Maybe because I only use a small amount, or maybe it doesn't use titanium dioxide.

Main thing is to stay away from titanium dioxide as much as you can. Look for stuff with Avobenzone instead, which is a chemical sunscreen so it doesn't give you the chalky look. I'd say use a sunscreen or moisturizer with Avobenzone, and then find a foundation without SPF.

prppygrl69

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovejam
I know exactly what you mean.

What I do is I use Dermalogica's Solar Defense Booster with my moisturizer, and then I just do concealer and powder most days. When I do wear foundation, I use Biotherm Sense Matte, which has SPF but I don't notice any chalkiness with it. Maybe because I only use a small amount, or maybe it doesn't use titanium dioxide.

Main thing is to stay away from titanium dioxide as much as you can. Look for stuff with Avobenzone instead, which is a chemical sunscreen so it doesn't give you the chalky look. I'd say use a sunscreen or moisturizer with Avobenzone, and then find a foundation without SPF.

goodness,thank you so much! i think ima try the biotherm

Latest posts