Foundation

courtxneyx

Okay so....I have EXTREMELY dry skin. I've tried everything to get rid of it and nothing works so I'm just living with the fact that I'm stuck with it. But...I'd like to find a foundation that maybe will put some moisture in it and not make it look so flaky and just nasty. I've tried so many foundations its not even funny. I've tried MAC Studio Tech, every revlon, every covergirl, ever loreal,milani...pretty much all the drugstore ones. Each one tears up my skin worse than it already is. I'm getting to the point where I'm just about to give up on foundation altogether...which I don't wanna do.
weeping.gif
Please please please help! I just want flawless, nice looking coverage.
ssad.gif

so_siqqq

You'll want to stick with cream and liquid foundations. My mother has dry skin and uses Shiseido Cream Foundation. Kind of expensive but it has really nice coverage, nice finish, and lasts all day.

But I think you need to workout your skincare routine to help the dry skin. Make sure you exfoliate with a facial scrub weekly, use the right kind of moisturizer, and make sure you're cleanser is not overdrying your skin. You'll want a cream for moisturizer probably and a cream cleanser.

Also if foundation is not working for you why not try just spot concealing so the dry areas of you face is not accentuated.

EDIT:

I forgot to add Shiseido also had a new foundation formulated for very dry skin. It's called Lifting Foundation. You may want to check that out.

I have spots of dryness (combination skin) it is so annoying.

Exfoliate once a week with a gentle exfoliater to help get rid of the flakey skin. Exfoliating too much or using something that is too harsh will damage your skin.

Look for an oil-free facial moisturizer. I can't suggest anything in particular but brands like Aveeno are probably good. Use it after you've washed your face with warm water in the morning before you apply makeup.

Foundation can be evil with dry skin. What happens to me is I look in the mirror at home and the foundation looks good but when I go somewhere with flourecent lights you can see all the flakey dryness and I have to wash it off. Anything heavy, both foundation and concealor, is terrible for dry flakey skin. Studio Finish Concealor is my worst enemy on the dry spots on my skin. Look for a moisture foundation and even try mixing moisturizer with your foundation when you apply it. Just go for spots where you really need foundation or concealer - the more you apply the more there will be a chance that it shows the dryness. I am always surprised when I see people apply foundation all over their face...I so can't do that!

Dena

I also have very dry skin, all compact foundations make it look flaky, and most cream foundations just look like a mask. I haven't tried any of the ftdns you've mentioned but either way, I'd recommend:

- Always use a liquid foundation. (I'm using La prarie at the moment and it works great, but its incredibly expensive) Maybe you could try Laura Mercier or Stila Tinted Moisturizers, they're great too. I'm planning to switch to those. Guerlain Fleur de Teint is also very raved about for dry skin.

- Apply the foundation while your face is freshly moisturized and still "moist", and blend quickly. This really helps. Of course, apply very very little, dotting only in the T-zone. Then you can always add more, but I'd stick to red/blotchy areas.

- I 2nd the mild exfoliation once a week

- Skip powder altogether. If there's any shine, use a blot sheet, that should do.

.nicole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by as_cute_as_pie
might seem obv but u havnt listed it so moistureblend?

I use to use it, it made my dry patches more obvious.

Kiko

How about mineral foundation (the powder form)? Believe it or not, it really adheres onto the skin.

shamelessmuse

You first need to find the right skin care regimine. I have the worst true combo skin ever. So oily and so dry...if I don't follow a good regimine. It is hard to do, but it can be done. I would look at finding a good local spay with someone who specializes in skin and facials. Get a facial and they will usually do a free consultation. Find out why they recommend the products they do (because you may be able to find similar products not in the same line if by chance those don't work for one reason or another).

I also really like the bare minerals, it does take your face a little time to get used to. But, once you have the right regimine, the bare minerals are so light and so breathable they are the first makeup that really don't effect my skin. This lets my regimine do the work and the makeup stay out of it (pores and all)

Latest posts