Foundations for Oily skin

dammitjanet10

Thanks for reading! I know it's nearing the end of the summer, but I have tanned my way out of my current foundation (MUFE HD) and am heading to Sephora tomorrow to pick up a new foundation in a darker shade. I like the HD foundation a lot, but my face has become much more oily latley. Either because of the humidity, heat, or perhaps medications/lotions. Whatever the case, the foundation gets nice and shiny and begins to "melt" off (especially my chin area) after only 30 minutes or so.

So what are your recomendations? I'd prefer it if it were oil-free because I do have a history of acne breakouts, and for it to combat my oil.

Another option, if you know how to wear the HD without it melting off, i.e. with use of perhaps a particular primer?

Thanks again!

pop violet

You could use a primer such as Smashbox Photo Finish. I get oily skin especially in the summer and liquid foundations feel icky on me. I use either MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation or Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals because it's so light weight. Hope that helps!

jazmatazz

I have super oily skin too, I have been using MUFE Mat Velvet and so far so good! It is oil free also, which is a must. Still have to blot, but not as much with other foundations. I set it with MAC transparent finishing powder. HTH!

SassyMochaJess

I have combo /oily skin and love MUFE mat velvet + but I love the Revlon colorstay(oily/combo formula) more! Studio fix fliud works better for me when it's not summer. Oh and powder foundation is very good for oily skin but I just prefer the polished look I get with liquid foundation. I also wanna try MUFE duo mat powder...

yupitzTara

I have oily skin too. I use MAC Studio Fix powder and MAC blot powder. this has been working for me this summer and it's been HOT here. If you're using liquid foundation maybe you should switch to a powder (because of your oily skin) or use a powder foundation on top of it. Also, the blot powder is great for getting rid of the shine/greasyness of having oily skin.

HOpe that helped..

ladyJ

I agree, Mat Velvet does wonders for my oily skin. It also holds up pretty well in the hot texas heat!

LMD84

i have a very oily forhead and the foundation i use is maybelline wonder finish. it drys to a powder finish and gives good coverage. it is discontinued in the uk though but maybe you still get it in the us? i have acne prone skin btw and this doesn't break me out and is affordable ... well it was before it was dc'd!!

atoosagurl

I use Revlon Colorstay Combo/Oily skin and nothing else I have tried can even compare to it. My skin stays oil-free all day!

frogeyes

I will have to try it since it is much cheaper than the Giorgio Armani I bought and it doesn't keep me oil-free all day.

Mandy4610

My skin is super oily too. The last couple of days I have been trying out a couple of combinations.

Mac oil control lotion + Mac matte gel + MUFE mat Velvet- This combination worked like a charm. I was helping my DH with yard work for hours and my foundation still looked decent.

Today I am trying
Mac oil free lotion + Monistat + Mat velvet foundation- It has been about 3-4 hr since I applied it, I have been doing chores around the house and so far so good, but I think the MAC matte gel is slightly better than the monistat. We will see, today is hotter than the day I used the other combo.

Tomorrow I will try:
Mac oil control lotion + Mac Matte gel + studio fix fluid or MUFE HD foundation.

MzzRach

I agree with the MUFE Mat Velvet recommendation - really brilliant for oily skin. Just keep in mind it builds coverage quickly - so if you do not want full coverage use a light hand. I use it with a slightly dampened "egg" foundation sponge.

I also love Laura Mercier's oil-free foundation - not quite as oil controlling as the Mat Velvet - but has a lovely soft matte finish and holds up well.

rhiannon

Clinique Superbalanced foundation is perfect! Really works so well for me, it's not cakey but provides complete coverage.

Latest posts